The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Accomodation for trans students

I know that for accomodation there's options of mixed gender or single gender but I've heard that for mixed gender it's still split 50/50 male/female students. How does this work for trans students - can we self identify or does it go based on our "legal gender"?
Original post by aeneas21
I know that for accomodation there's options of mixed gender or single gender but I've heard that for mixed gender it's still split 50/50 male/female students. How does this work for trans students - can we self identify or does it go based on our "legal gender"?

The details vary from one uni to another, but most seem to allow trans- students to register with their preferred gender (or re-register if they are registered in another gender). They might have to discuss accommodation arrangements with the relevant accommodation team or support service.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
It's better to ask the university directly.
Original post by aeneas21

Hiii I have an ensuiteroom available in Felda house Wembley for 180 per week. They allow trans. Do I message you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending