Never been out with a friend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've been lonely for years, now I'm 17 and have never been out with a friend. Is that worrying?
LittleBear04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you mean on a date?
Anonymous #1
No quite literally a friend 💀
(Original post by LittleBear04)
Do you mean on a date?
EconomicsStud3nt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was more or less the same.

I usually avoided going invitations as well if I ever got them. It was because I felt responsible for how poor we were

The odd occasion I did get the courage to ask for a fiver or a tenner so I could go out. I really didn’t like it. I felt really uncomfortable.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is it because you have family that are just as good that you hang out with?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
There’s nothing wrong with not going out with friends! It’s completely up to you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Is it because you have family that are just as good that you hang out with?
Nope as a result of being taken nowhere as a child and just having a computer shoved in my face that’s how I spent most of my teenage years.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nope as a result of being taken nowhere as a child and just having a computer shoved in my face that’s how I spent most of my teenage years.
There's nothing wrong if you haven't been out with your friends unless you yourself are actually feeling lonely or whatever
Fresher18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When I was young and before I started secondary school, I would occasionally meet friends after school/go round there houses and had more of a social life than I did throughout high school where I rarely got offers to go out with people and even when I did I would refuse and make some excuse, since moving to Uni I have become more social and independent
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been lonely for years, now I'm 17 and have never been out with a friend. Is that worrying?
Going out with friends is camp unless it's a date
3ggfriedrice
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I used to get invited to parties but my mum never let me go because the places were too far away WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL IN THAT CIUNTY EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR but she only lets me go out now when my friends plan a meet up in my own town 😑 it is embarrassing for them to have to come all the way just to see me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads