Missed Oriel Foundation Program Application Deadline. (International Student)

Watch
Clibnarius
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I'm starting my final year in a U.K medical school this October

However, I had a flare up of a chronic illness and in the resulting disruption and I missed the 22nd September deadline for applying to the UKFP via oriel.

Yes, I know it was very stupid of me, illness notwithstanding, but I'm already aware of that, so no need to tell me.

I know I can apply to start my Foundation Program in 2023,

However, the issue is that I am an international student and not a U.K permanent resident, and I hold a Non-U.K/Non-EU Passport.

Would I still be able to apply the same way as I did if I had been able to apply for the 2022 foundation program? Or will I have to apply as if I had graduated from a non-U.K/Non-EU medical school and jump through the same hoops as someone who had graduated from medical school outside the U.K?

To sum up, will the fact that I have a medical degree from the U.K count for anything if I apply to apply for a foundation program job in the next application cycle?

Any constructive advice or leads are welcome.

P.S: I have already emailed the UKFPO helpline and am trying to arrange a meeting with an NHS career adviser.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.61%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.37%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.32%

Watched Threads