Mxxxxl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi
I did my LNAT a few days ago but we won't get results until february! and I genuinely don't know whether I did good or bad.
I've chosen 3 of 5 universities that require it. So, i'm thinking of replacing durham or kings with Queen Mary.

Do you think this is the right decision? If yes, would it be better to replace durham or kings?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You do not know how you did in LNAT - and even in February you wont know how each Uni has marked your essay - so making assumptions about this and convincing yourself you have done so badly you need to pick different Unis seems a bit premature and is probably totally unnecessary.

Bristol, as one example, scores Law application as follows - GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40% - and LNAT itself is scored as 60% multiple choice questions and 40% essay. So - even with a below average LNAT grade it would not be an automatic deal breaker as it isnt the only aspect of your application being assessed.

If you have picked 5 Unis with a sensible span of grade requirements this maximises your chances, and gives you scope for a Firm/Insurance with different grade requirements. You are not 'more likely to be accepted' by a non-LNAT Uni than Kings or Durham so there is no need to panic and do yourself out of the possibility of an offer from either of these choices.
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No point replacing either university if you have visited the university and you like it. Neither of the universities are better or worse for law objectively but they are better or worse for you. They are so different in the lifestyle that they offer that the one you will get the best grade in is the one where you are happiest and that is the only distinction between the two of them.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mxxxxl)
Hi
I did my LNAT a few days ago but we won't get results until february! and I genuinely don't know whether I did good or bad.
I've chosen 3 of 5 universities that require it. So, i'm thinking of replacing durham or kings with Queen Mary.

Do you think this is the right decision? If yes, would it be better to replace durham or kings?
It depends whether you would prefer to be in London or a very small city. They are totally different. If you are looking at Queen Mary I suspect Durham isnt right for you.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mxxxxl)
Hi

If you are predicted A*AA then I wouldn't replace Durham or Kings with QMUL.

You still have 2 unis that don't require the LNAT and you may have done well in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (153)
54.64%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.64%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.07%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.29%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.64%

Watched Threads