The Student Room Group

Cifas dsar

Anyone know what application date and date recorded means on a dsar form.
Does application date mean the day the institution applied to have the marker put on.
And date recorded means the day Cifas accepted the application and it came into effect?

38342DAA-BBFD-48F6-A595-3255E0781B49.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Tee.kayy
Does application date mean the day the institution applied to have the marker put on.
And date recorded means the day Cifas accepted the application and it came into effect?

I believe that application date is the date that you applied for the facility. Notice the date matches up to the ‘Time with bank’. Date recorded will just be when the CIFAS marker was registered.
moved your thread to a more relevant section :smile:

No, there is no "application" to upload your details to the CIFAS API. Shouldn't you know if the application date is indeed the date that you opened the account?
Reply 4
Original post by RedGiant
No, there is no "application" to upload your details to the CIFAS API. Shouldn't you know if the application date is indeed the date that you opened the account?

Thanks.so was the cifas mark visible to other lenders and on the register from 1st February 2020 or the 16th April 2021. Because that’s a whole year in-between.
Thanks.so was the cifas mark visible to other lenders and on the register from 1st February 2020 or the 16th April 2021. Because that’s a whole year in-between.

As per my previous reply, date recorded is the date the marker was raised and would have been visible to other CIFAS members.

I’m not sure why you find it odd that there is a year in between, unless the account was being used fraudulently from day one?
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
As per my previous reply, date recorded is the date the marker was raised and would have been visible to other CIFAS members.

I’m not sure why you find it odd that there is a year in between, unless the account was being used fraudulently from day one?

Ahh okay. I think I now understand it better. So date applied is the date my account was created then.
And date recorded is the day the back placed the cifas on me.
Thanks
Ahh okay. I think I now understand it better. So date applied is the date my account was created then.
And date recorded is the day the back placed the cifas on me.
Thanks

Yes, exactly.

Looks like this will be in place until April 2027 unless there is a successful appeal, (which is pretty uncommon from what I’ve seen).
Reply 8
Thanks for the reply’s
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, exactly.

Looks like this will be in place until April 2027 unless there is a successful appeal, (which is pretty uncommon from what I’ve seen).

2027 such a long time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending