Itzy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi so I was wondering whether unis like LSE, UCL, Warwick actually mean their entry requirements. Like if the requirements stated are AAA, so does this mean that as long as your predicted grades are AAA, you have a realistic chance of getting in? Or do you actually need to exceed them by a lot, like 2-3 A*s to get given an offer?

Thank you so much
mindificent.bh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends, if the course is a competitive course, priority will be given to those who achieve above-the-required conditions for entry. However, this doesn't mean they will disregard other applications as far as your grades are AAA or equivalent!

Good Luck
Sophxxxdd
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d say of course a higher grade will be advantageous, but if your other sections of your application are strong, you have a good chance as well.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mindificent.bh)
Depends, if the course is a competitive course, priority will be given to those who achieve above-the-required conditions for entry. However, this doesn't mean they will disregard other applications as far as your grades are AAA or equivalent!

Good Luck
Normally in most universities have a good chance if your predicted grades match or are just below. For very competitive courses at the absolute top universities this might not be the case. You might be applying for a heavily oversubscribed course. Nobody is going to be able to give you a definite answer but if you meet the grades you have a chance of getting in. If a university wanted higher it would ask.
Itzy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I see, thank you everyone for the replies.

I’m planning on applying for LSE, UCL, Warwick for politics and international relations. Hoping that my predicted grades (which are slightly above the entry requirements) will secure me offers!
Last edited by Itzy; 4 weeks ago
mindificent.bh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Itzy)
I see, thank you everyone for the replies.

I’m planning on applying for LSE, UCL, Warwick for politics and international relations. Hoping that my predicted grades (which are slightly above the entry requirements) will secure me offers!
Hi again,
All 3 are top universities and are reputable. Wish you all the best of luck and really hope you receive offers from all three .

warm regards,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.59%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
14.01%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (43)
8.37%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.89%

Watched Threads