AKA NO LIMITS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Have I done this structure question good?

Here’s the paper, it’s Question 3
Here’s the insert

My response:

The final paragraph echoes the first because of how Rosabel is affected by this encounter with the red-haired girl. The difference between the beginning and the end is that we just learn more context about why Rosabel felt the way she did at the start.

It begins with a brief introduction of Rosabel sacrificing her lunch for ‘violets’ and her disregarding her usual food that she ate. We then get a shift into her preference of a ‘good dinner’ which clearly meant that maybe she couldn’t really afford these foods; we get an imagery of her being frustrated because of it. This shows through her actions as she ‘swung’ herself on the bus and ‘clung’ onto the railing. It was as if she used the last energy that she had to get onto the bus. All she wanted was food to be ‘hot, strong and filling’ which perhaps suggests that she was weak from working in her hat shop all day.

As the text progresses, we get a flashback into Rosabels day. With the girl ‘who tried on everything in the shop’ who is contrasted to the ‘beautiful red-haired girl’. We can see that this direct contrast, maybe between the two different people, suggests that the ‘awful woman’ couldn’t really afford the hats but then the other ‘red-haired girl’ could demand for her own personalised hat. The text has been constructed this way to give an insight into the many different type of customers Rosabel had but ultimately, no matter how rich or poor, it still exhausted her.
The red haired girls privileged life is revealed as she had a ‘carriage’ meanwhile Rosabel travelled by bus which might also be why she felt uncomfortable during her bus journey home. She was reminded of the privileged girl who seemed to have advantage in life over her.

Finally, at the end, there is a cyclical structure in a sense because we are told that the red-haired girl was going to have ‘lunch’ with her husband, meanwhile Rosabel in the beginning hasn’t really eaten anything. It might also be the contributing factor in why she did actually buy the ‘violets’ instead of eating her usual food. The cyclical structure might also be why Rosabel is quite frustrated at the beginning also because of her being demanded around by this couple and as a consequence she despised the rest of her day. To the extent of even hating humanity, it might even explain how harsh the conditions might have on her mentally and how her job really affects her emotionally.
rj1.706
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's really good! You have definitely zoomed in on certain aspects! The link in your conclusion about it being a cyclical structure is really good and it shows that you have definitely read the extract and have thought it through! You have added quite a few quotes with is also really good. You have written a really good answer for q3.
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
(Original post by rj1.706)
That's really good! You have definitely zoomed in on certain aspects! The link in your conclusion about it being a cyclical structure is really good and it shows that you have definitely read the extract and have thought it through! You have added quite a few quotes with is also really good. You have written a really good answer for q3.
Would it be full marks?
rj1.706
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AKA NO LIMITS)
Would it be full marks?
Definitely 6+ tbh I would give that 8/8
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
Definitely 6+ tbh I would give that 8/8
I’m over the moon with that, honestly. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this, it means a lot are you a student too?
rj1.706
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m over the moon with that, honestly. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this, it means a lot are you a student too?
yes im in yr 11. English is my favourite subject and I have been predicted high grades so I like to offer help to other people!!!
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
yes im in yr 11. English is my favourite subject and I have been predicted high grades so I like to offer help to other people!!!
That’s nice lol. I did my English Language back in 2019 but only got a grade 4, I didn’t really try but now I need grade 6+ in order to get into medical school
rj1.706
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s nice lol. I did my English Language back in 2019 but only got a grade 4, I didn’t really try but now I need grade 6+ in order to get into medical school
Good luck! With an answer like that you will do really well !!
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
Good luck! With an answer like that you will do really well !!
How do you revise English then? Just YouTube ?
rj1.706
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How do you revise English then? Just YouTube ?
yes I watch mreverythingenglish and I do lots of past papers and get my teacher to mark it. for eng lit I have a good memory so I can remember quotes and somehow come up with some good analysis for it.
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
yes I watch mreverythingenglish and I do lots of past papers and get my teacher to mark it. for eng lit I have a good memory so I can remember quotes and somehow come up with some good analysis for it.
That’s really good. I hope you get the grade you deserve I also watch mr everything English lol, you should try Mr Salles too. He’s really good
rj1.706
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s really good. I hope you get the grade you deserve I also watch mr everything English lol, you should try Mr Salles too. He’s really good
thank you I will !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
14.05%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.9%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.36%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.54%

Watched Threads