R1015
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
why the price elasticity of demand =1, total revenue will be maximum? or when the total revenue can be maximum?
sararah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can draw PED and revenue graphs to show this. When PED is greater than 1, revenue will increase, and when PED is smaller than 1, revenue will fall. So the maximum point of the revenue graph will match when PED is 1. You can search up PED and revenue diagrams on the internet to help you understand the relationship. The diagram I'm talking about is the one that has a PED graph on the upper half of the page and a revenue (reverse U shape) diagram on the bottom half.

I remember having a hard time understanding this, but you can think of this as just showing the relationship between PED and revenue — when PED increases, what will happen to revenue, and vice versa. Hope this helps!
R1015
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sararah04)
You can draw PED and revenue graphs to show this. When PED is greater than 1, revenue will increase, and when PED is smaller than 1, revenue will fall. So the maximum point of the revenue graph will match when PED is 1. You can search up PED and revenue diagrams on the internet to help you understand the relationship. The diagram I'm talking about is the one that has a PED graph on the upper half of the page and a revenue (reverse U shape) diagram on the bottom half.

I remember having a hard time understanding this, but you can think of this as just showing the relationship between PED and revenue — when PED increases, what will happen to revenue, and vice versa. Hope this helps!
thanks a lot!!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.9%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.61%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.17%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.72%

Watched Threads