The Student Room Group

Extra qualification for foundation year

Hi!
I have been wondering if I can take any extra qualification once I finished my foundation year. I emailed King’s foundation and asked if whether i could get extra classes for a-levels or maybe any other standardized tests. And they says i will get a tutor, which still unclear to me.

So, any suggestions on what qualification should i get alongside my grade from foundation (I really want to hold a guaranteed offer thats why i choose to take foundation first, but i want to pursue my bachelor in Oxbridge) ?
I am an international student and I still don't know if i could sit an A-levels exam or not ;-;
Thank you everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, some colleges offer free distance learning courses (NCFE/CACHE) might be worth looking into
Reply 2
Original post by Prefect1992
Hi, some colleges offer free distance learning courses (NCFE/CACHE) might be worth looking into

I will check it right away thanks
Are you an overseas student doing am International Foundation year (IFP) - or a UK student doing a Year 0 of a full degree?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Are you an overseas student doing am International Foundation year (IFP) - or a UK student doing a Year 0 of a full degree?

I am an international student and I will be applying to the IFP program I believe
Reply 5
Original post by tortilaa
I am an international student and I will be applying to the IFP program I believe

Me too, btw. However, it even scares me a bit to not see at least anyone else applying here, even at this forum. I was wondering, do you happen to know any other sites with international applicants to communicate and share info?
Reply 6
Original post by temaá
Me too, btw. However, it even scares me a bit to not see at least anyone else applying here, even at this forum. I was wondering, do you happen to know any other sites with international applicants to communicate and share info?

Hi! I guess this forum already has a lot of international applicants who wanted to pursue IFP. I have seen quite a lot and the people itself in this website answered some of my questions regarding IFP. What college are you going to apply for IFP and what intake?
Reply 7
Hi! I guess this forum already has a lot of international applicants who wanted to pursue IFP. I have seen quite a lot and the people itself in this website answered some of my questions regarding IFP. What college are you going to apply for IFP and what intake?

well, I'm going to apply to warwick's, king's and ucl's (upc) ifp finance (economics) related programmes this year. what about you?
Reply 8
Original post by temaá
well, I'm going to apply to warwick's, king's and ucl's (upc) ifp finance (economics) related programmes this year. what about you?

Same! But my priority choice is KCL in global politics and social sciences. But i will also apply to ucl and warwick
Reply 9
Same! But my priority choice is KCL in global politics and social sciences. But i will also apply to ucl and warwick

tbh, mine is kcl too, as i've heard a lot about a strange progress system in upc, with marks that are often impossible to reach, however warwick's programme seems to be kinda reliable in the sense of future opportunities
Reply 10
Original post by temaá
tbh, mine is kcl too, as i've heard a lot about a strange progress system in upc, with marks that are often impossible to reach, however warwick's programme seems to be kinda reliable in the sense of future opportunities

Ikr :< UCL Foundation is somewhat worse in terms of their progress rate. Some told me that even if u get a distinction, it would not guarantee you to get an offer at UCL. And their foundation certificates wont allow you to apply any of other lower ranked universities. Anyway. good luck on your application. KCL is opening their application right now ,18th of October.
Ikr :< UCL Foundation is somewhat worse in terms of their progress rate. Some told me that even if u get a distinction, it would not guarantee you to get an offer at UCL. And their foundation certificates wont allow you to apply any of other lower ranked universities. Anyway. good luck on your application. KCL is opening their application right now ,18th of October.

good luck to you too! btw, warwick has already opened their application about a week ago too, as you might know. I'm now having a hard time with the personal statements and'll apply too in a few weeks. btw, are the programmes generally in huge demand? I'm just a bit anxious that my chances on university entrance might fall if I'll apply later
Reply 12
Original post by temaá
good luck to you too! btw, warwick has already opened their application about a week ago too, as you might know. I'm now having a hard time with the personal statements and'll apply too in a few weeks. btw, are the programmes generally in huge demand? I'm just a bit anxious that my chances on university entrance might fall if I'll apply later

I am basically telling myself that my personal statement had been finished XD BUT IT IS STILL MAKE ME MAD lmao. Btw, I asked before and people said it is considered to be easier..(?) I mean last year they extended the date of application. In other words, maybe they needed to filling up some classes.
(edited 2 years ago)
I am basically telling myself that my personal statement had been finished XD BUT IT IS STILL MAKE ME MAD lmao. Btw, I asked before and people said it is considered to be easier..(?) I mean last year they extended the date of application. In other words, maybe they needed to filling up some classes.

anyways, good luck, hope we'll both get where we want at the end of the day! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by temaá

Original post by temaá
anyways, good luck, hope we'll both get where we want at the end of the day! :smile:

I think we can continue chatting via the direct chat, since our choices basically the same and therefore there will be a higher chance that we can meet at the foundation and be friend! . Btw I just got an offer for Warwick IFP! Going to apply KCL next Monday.
(edited 2 years ago)
I think we can continue chatting via the direct chat, since our choices basically the same and therefore there will be a higher chance that we can meet at the foundation and be friend! . Btw I just got an offer for Warwick IFP! Going to apply KCL next Monday.

wow, that's awesome! congratulations! was it hard? did u have an interview?
Reply 16
Hi guys! I am also applying for ifp in KCL, UCL, and Warwick. How long did it take to receive a response from Warwick?
Reply 17
Original post by temaá
wow, that's awesome! congratulations! was it hard? did u have an interview?

Thanks! No I didn’t had an interview. It supposed to be hard because I only had 0.8 grades above the minimum requirement
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Kolta
Hi guys! I am also applying for ifp in KCL, UCL, and Warwick. How long did it take to receive a response from Warwick?

It took 2 days, I sent my application on 19th of october and received the offer on 21th of october
Good luck on your application!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
My only concern is now the UCL entry exam, since I took a gap year and forgot maths already XD lmao

Quick Reply

Latest