Extra qualification for foundation year

Watch
tortilaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi!
I have been wondering if I can take any extra qualification once I finished my foundation year. I emailed King’s foundation and asked if whether i could get extra classes for a-levels or maybe any other standardized tests. And they says i will get a tutor, which still unclear to me.

So, any suggestions on what qualification should i get alongside my grade from foundation (I really want to hold a guaranteed offer thats why i choose to take foundation first, but i want to pursue my bachelor in Oxbridge) ?
I am an international student and I still don't know if i could sit an A-levels exam or not ;-;
Thank you everyone!
Prefect1992
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, some colleges offer free distance learning courses (NCFE/CACHE) might be worth looking into
tortilaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prefect1992)
Hi, some colleges offer free distance learning courses (NCFE/CACHE) might be worth looking into
I will check it right away thanks
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you an overseas student doing am International Foundation year (IFP) - or a UK student doing a Year 0 of a full degree?
tortilaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Are you an overseas student doing am International Foundation year (IFP) - or a UK student doing a Year 0 of a full degree?
I am an international student and I will be applying to the IFP program I believe
temaá
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tortilaa)
I am an international student and I will be applying to the IFP program I believe
Me too, btw. However, it even scares me a bit to not see at least anyone else applying here, even at this forum. I was wondering, do you happen to know any other sites with international applicants to communicate and share info?
tortilaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by temaá)
Me too, btw. However, it even scares me a bit to not see at least anyone else applying here, even at this forum. I was wondering, do you happen to know any other sites with international applicants to communicate and share info?
Hi! I guess this forum already has a lot of international applicants who wanted to pursue IFP. I have seen quite a lot and the people itself in this website answered some of my questions regarding IFP. What college are you going to apply for IFP and what intake?
temaá
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi! I guess this forum already has a lot of international applicants who wanted to pursue IFP. I have seen quite a lot and the people itself in this website answered some of my questions regarding IFP. What college are you going to apply for IFP and what intake?
well, I'm going to apply to warwick's, king's and ucl's (upc) ifp finance (economics) related programmes this year. what about you?
tortilaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by temaá)
well, I'm going to apply to warwick's, king's and ucl's (upc) ifp finance (economics) related programmes this year. what about you?
Same! But my priority choice is KCL in global politics and social sciences. But i will also apply to ucl and warwick
temaá
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Same! But my priority choice is KCL in global politics and social sciences. But i will also apply to ucl and warwick
tbh, mine is kcl too, as i've heard a lot about a strange progress system in upc, with marks that are often impossible to reach, however warwick's programme seems to be kinda reliable in the sense of future opportunities
tortilaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by temaá)
tbh, mine is kcl too, as i've heard a lot about a strange progress system in upc, with marks that are often impossible to reach, however warwick's programme seems to be kinda reliable in the sense of future opportunities
Ikr :< UCL Foundation is somewhat worse in terms of their progress rate. Some told me that even if u get a distinction, it would not guarantee you to get an offer at UCL. And their foundation certificates wont allow you to apply any of other lower ranked universities. Anyway. good luck on your application. KCL is opening their application right now ,18th of October.
temaá
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Ikr :< UCL Foundation is somewhat worse in terms of their progress rate. Some told me that even if u get a distinction, it would not guarantee you to get an offer at UCL. And their foundation certificates wont allow you to apply any of other lower ranked universities. Anyway. good luck on your application. KCL is opening their application right now ,18th of October.
good luck to you too! btw, warwick has already opened their application about a week ago too, as you might know. I'm now having a hard time with the personal statements and'll apply too in a few weeks. btw, are the programmes generally in huge demand? I'm just a bit anxious that my chances on university entrance might fall if I'll apply later
tortilaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by temaá)
good luck to you too! btw, warwick has already opened their application about a week ago too, as you might know. I'm now having a hard time with the personal statements and'll apply too in a few weeks. btw, are the programmes generally in huge demand? I'm just a bit anxious that my chances on university entrance might fall if I'll apply later
I am basically telling myself that my personal statement had been finished XD BUT IT IS STILL MAKE ME MAD lmao. Btw, I asked before and people said it is considered to be easier..(?) I mean last year they extended the date of application. In other words, maybe they needed to filling up some classes.
Last edited by tortilaa; 1 day ago
temaá
Rep:
?
Report 8 hours ago
I am basically telling myself that my personal statement had been finished XD BUT IT IS STILL MAKE ME MAD lmao. Btw, I asked before and people said it is considered to be easier..(?) I mean last year they extended the date of application. In other words, maybe they needed to filling up some classes.
anyways, good luck, hope we'll both get where we want at the end of the day!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (63)
56.76%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (12)
10.81%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.41%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.31%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
5.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed