Extra qualification for foundation year

Watch
Kolta
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tortilaa)
My only concern is now the UCL entry exam, since I took a gap year and forgot maths already XD lmao
Well, yep, the maths exam is quite challenging. By the way, do the personal statements for Warwick and KCL have to be less than 4,000 characters? Unfortunately, I haven’t found any info about the word limit
tortilaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kolta)
Well, yep, the maths exam is quite challenging. By the way, do the personal statements for Warwick and KCL have to be less than 4,000 characters? Unfortunately, I haven’t found any info about the word limit
For Warwick is very different. You can look up on their website, it is not like the regular 4000 characters for KCL, It consists of 3 questions that you basically can pick from several of other questions and write 200 words, maybe if I'm not forgotten, for each of the questions. So it is very different
Last edited by tortilaa; 1 month ago
Kolta
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am also wondering how much time does it approximately take to receive an offer from Kings? I am so nervous at this point... + I haven’t found any info about the competitiveness around ifp courses. Fingers crossed that we will all end up where we want to be
Kolta
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys! I have the same plans and ambitions as you do. I am planning to apply to KCL, Warwick, and UCL for ifp. Btw, how long did it take to receive the response?
tortilaa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I assumed is faster, maybe it is not like 7 days or more. Unless you apply to like Edinburgh IFP via ucas and you are in the queue with others who apply to bachelors,etc. Then, It would take longer.
temaá
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I think we can continue chatting via the direct chat, since our choices basically the same and therefore there will be a higher chance that we can meet at the foundation and be friend! . Btw I just got an offer for Warwick IFP! Going to apply KCL next Monday.
Hey again! I wanted to ask - what criteria did you rely on while writing a kcl PS? i've only found one regarding "a minimum of four paragraphs". is there something else?
Kolta
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by temaá)
Hey again! I wanted to ask - what criteria did you rely on while writing a kcl PS? i've only found one regarding "a minimum of four paragraphs". is there something else?
Hi! I’ve just completed my ps to kcl but I am still not sure about it and have many hesitations about it
tortilaa
Rep:
(Original post by temaá)
I wrote 3999 characters and the word cap is 4000 characters; It seems to be the right word cap as is shown in their application portal because I have sent my own application. So, 4000 characters with 4 paragraphs or more I guess
tortilaa
Rep:
(Original post by Kolta)
Hi! I’ve just completed my ps to kcl but I am still not sure about it and have many hesitations about it
There is still a lot of time until next year. Take your time, It would be equal consideration even if you turn it in on the last day of the application.
Last edited by tortilaa; 4 weeks ago
Kolta
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
There is still a lot of time until next year. Take your time, It would be equal consideration even if you turn it in on the last day of the application.
Congrats! How many words have you written in total and to what ifp course are you applying?
Kolta
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you guys mention anything about your previous experience, future plans (after uni) in the ps?
tortilaa
Rep:
(Original post by Kolta)
Congrats! How many words have you written in total and to what ifp course are you applying?
3999 characters for King’s Global Politics and Social Sciences
tortilaa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kolta)
Did you guys mention anything about your previous experience, future plans (after uni) in the ps?
(Original post by temaá)
Hi again! have you guys applied to King's? If it's ok to ask because I am scared that I still haven't gotten any reply from them, it's been 3 weeks since I assumed it to be faster like within a week.
Kolta
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi again! have you guys applied to King's? If it's ok to ask because I am scared that I still haven't gotten any reply from them, it's been 3 weeks since I assumed it to be faster like within a week.
Hi! I just applied couple of days ago. Maybe they are too busy with UCAS applications right now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (101)
34.95%
Yes - a trusted person (81)
28.03%
No (76)
26.3%
I'm not sure (31)
10.73%

Watched Threads