If I want to do Biomedical Engineering, is AL in Maths/FM/Bio/Physics a good combo

Watch
cipher6350
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Don't like Chemistry, good at Physics and Math (though I'm not sure that'll last in A Levels, I'm only a GCSE student).
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did those A levels and got offers from all my options including getting an offer from Imperial. So yes it's fine, I think most places ask for maths, physics then another science. Although further maths always is good to have if you can manage it.

Good luck in your A levels though!
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you actually looked at the entry requirements for this degree course at a range of different Universities?
cipher6350
Rep:
?
I have, generally, you just need Math and Physics. I forgot to type out a good chunk in my question, sorry! I meant to ask if taking 4 A levels is too much? Is the workload for Biology a lot? Since it's basically memorising, while Physics is logical. I haven't been able to find concrete answers about the workload increase when taking FM as a 4th A-Level, which lead me to ask this question.
Also, does taking FM in A Levels put you ahead of peers (in terms of courses) who haven't in college?

(Original post by McGinger)
Have you actually looked at the entry requirements for this degree course at a range of different Universities?
cipher6350
Rep:
?
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise