Anxiety and incredible pain in silent classrooms

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know it sounds stupid, but this issue been haunting me for years, I skip uni and my classes because of it. I have very active stomach I have to go the bathroom to poop twice a day. the thing is my stomach make noises when the class is silent... it literally make noises at the worst time possible. Which triggers the worst feeling I have ever felt in my entire life, constant embarrassment. sometimes I just go home depressed but most of the time I skip school as a result which effects my life. I don't think it is something physical, because it doesn't happen when I'm alone, silent at my room. chatting with my family. only around many people. as soon everything is silent it starts and I can't stop myself from being scared either it is gas or crumps and it hurts so much to resist it, I sweat badly as a result I try to move, some people in my class thought I was junki or something... soo yeah... big issue, I don't know what to do all I need is confidence I guess but it is really really to hold a grip in that station
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know it sounds stupid, but this issue been haunting me for years, I skip uni and my classes because of it. I have very active stomach I have to go the bathroom to poop twice a day. the thing is my stomach make noises when the class is silent... it literally make noises at the worst time possible. Which triggers the worst feeling I have ever felt in my entire life, constant embarrassment. sometimes I just go home depressed but most of the time I skip school as a result which effects my life. I don't think it is something physical, because it doesn't happen when I'm alone, silent at my room. chatting with my family. only around many people. as soon everything is silent it starts and I can't stop myself from being scared either it is gas or crumps and it hurts so much to resist it, I sweat badly as a result I try to move, some people in my class thought I was junki or something... soo yeah... big issue, I don't know what to do all I need is confidence I guess but it is really really to hold a grip in that station
What does your Doctor say about your digestive system?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by threeportdrift)
What does your Doctor say about your digestive system?
I didn't check but I'm planning too, I don't think it is something serious since It only happens when I'm scared/stressed.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you a guy or girl?

Anxiety can really heighten these symptoms, when you're trying to keep stomach and gut quiet tbh your whole body is tensing and this can cause bloating and cramps, same with trying to hold in urge to go the bathroom. I bet if you relaxed (not just anxiety but physically) it wouldn't be half as bad. I had this problem for YEARS at school, i started doing a light cough or fidgeting if i heard a gurgle to mask it. Sweating could be anxiety related too, wear cool things and keep a bottle of cold water with you to refresh
Anonymous #1
Are you a guy or girl?

Anxiety can really heighten these symptoms, when you're trying to keep stomach and gut quiet tbh your whole body is tensing and this can cause bloating and cramps, same with trying to hold in urge to go the bathroom. I bet if you relaxed (not just anxiety but physically) it wouldn't be half as bad. I had this problem for YEARS at school, i started doing a light cough or fidgeting if i heard a gurgle to mask it. Sweating could be anxiety related too, wear cool things and keep a bottle of cold water with you to refresh
I'm a 22 years old male. I probably should keep water with me, what scares me the most is that the noises I make are what alerts people to pay attention to me. ): but, I'll try to not enter the class without going to the bathroom, even If I had it mid-class I would just leave to take a deep breath and go to the bathroom again if needed. it really affecting my life that much..
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a 22 years old male. I probably should keep water with me, what scares me the most is that the noises I make are what alerts people to pay attention to me. ): but, I'll try to not enter the class without going to the bathroom, even If I had it mid-class I would just leave to take a deep breath and go to the bathroom again if needed. it really affecting my life that much..
I'm sure you're not the only person who makes these noises, why are they picking on you? do you get bullied or is it a joke? Because you could just accept these noises and laugh it off n be done with it. Some people just have noisier functions it doesn't matter they are just bored with nothing elsse to talk about.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
dude it's fine. Everyone struggles sometimes with this. Make sure you are warm especially around your stomach area during classes. Drink water. Breath. Eat fruits and vegetables. Also you're so lucky for attending classes face to face! omg. don't skip classes.
Anonymous #1
dude it's fine. Everyone struggles sometimes with this. Make sure you are warm especially around your stomach area during classes. Drink water. Breath. Eat fruits and vegetables. Also you're so lucky for attending classes face to face! omg. don't skip classes.
thank you for the support will try to do my best.
I'm sure you're not the only person who makes these noises, why are they picking on you? do you get bullied or is it a joke? Because you could just accept these noises and laugh it off n be done with it. Some people just have noisier functions it doesn't matter they are just bored with nothing elsse to talk about.
nah luckily no one did but it is more about I'm ashamed of myself thing. will try to do what people suggested thank you for the support <3
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Basically i think you're worrying about the sounds as part of your anxiety not because it should be embarrassing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads