help pls for rep
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
a stample of copper atoms were placed through a mass spectrometer. copper atoms contain two isotopes: 63CU and one other.
a) calculate the velocity of the 63CU if it travels down a 5m flight tube in 4.200 x 10^-6 s
b)the other isotope takes 4.266 x 10^-6 s . calculate the atomic mass of the other isotope. give your answer to the nearest whole number and identify the other isotope.

PLEASE HELP WITH QUESTION B, I KNOW ITS 65 BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO ACHIEVE THE ANSWER, SHOW WORKING OUT AS WELLL PLSSSS I HAVE A TEST TOMMOROW
Sushisam22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're so lukcy sushisam22, the mad1fromlondon, aka steezysush, aka vertfiend, aka legend is here to help.
thank me later btw ; )
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was a God a chemistry back in the day
Kirti765
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sushisam22)
You're so lukcy sushisam22, the mad1fromlondon, aka steezysush, aka vertfiend, aka legend is here to help.
thank me later btw ; )
are you okaybro?
Sushisam22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kirti765)
are you okaybro?
i suffer from aids.
chris01928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by help pls for rep)
a stample of copper atoms were placed through a mass spectrometer. copper atoms contain two isotopes: 63CU and one other.
a) calculate the velocity of the 63CU if it travels down a 5m flight tube in 4.200 x 10^-6 s
b)the other isotope takes 4.266 x 10^-6 s . calculate the atomic mass of the other isotope. give your answer to the nearest whole number and identify the other isotope.

PLEASE HELP WITH QUESTION B, I KNOW ITS 65 BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO ACHIEVE THE ANSWER, SHOW WORKING OUT AS WELLL PLSSSS I HAVE A TEST TOMMOROW
So the thing to understand with mass specs is that the Ek (kinetic energy stays the same) therefore Ek(63Cu) = Ek(unknown mass Cu). You can figure out the rest. Let me know if you need another clue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads