CreativeScience
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Is this allowed or will my application be disqualified for this?

The Cambridge college names have also been replaced by letters - I'm guessing to discourage substitution. Does anybody know the letter for Queens college?
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CreativeScience)
Is this allowed or will my application be disqualified for this?

The Cambridge college names have also been replaced by letters - I'm guessing to discourage substitution. Does anybody know the letter for Queens college?
I *believe* you have 14 days to make an amendment from when you submit your application. The best people to contact are your school and UCAS. Either you will be allowed by UCAS to change or you won't, but either way your application won't be disqualified, either by UCAS or by Cambridge.

The reason why college names are codes is because that's how UCAS works. All campuses at other universities are codes, as are courses. For example, you don't type in Law, you type in M100 (or M101 etc. but you get my point). The code for Queens' is Q - if you go onto the college pages on the Applying section of the Cambridge website, they're in the top right corner.
woodpeckerhouse
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I have the same question about changing college.I see on the ucas website that you have 14 days to substitute a choice but does it have to be before 15 Oct deadline? Can you still change the college after the 15 Oct deadline but within the 14 days of submission? Will the application be regarded as late?
Will the new college know about the swap?
I worry it might disadvantage my application by giving a bad impression.
Thank you very much. Much appreciated for any information.
Last edited by woodpeckerhouse; 1 month ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by woodpeckerhouse)
Hello, I have the same question about changing college.I see on the ucas website that you have 14 days to substitute a choice but does it have to be before 15 Oct deadline? Can you still change the college after the 15 Oct deadline but within the 14 days of submission? Will the application be regarded as late?
No, in general you cannot make changes after the deadline. If you have some serious reason to change, contact the college you have applied to, but if not I would leave it.
CreativeScience
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by woodpeckerhouse)
You can't substitute it on UCAS anyway as you can only substitute to a different university. I changed my college by emailing the university, but you had to do it by 15 Oct, although it wouldn't hurt trying now.
Chadz123
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What college did you change from and for what reason. Also, where did you email your message, and what did they say?
student10604
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, I dont know if this is the right place to put this, but I want to change my cambridge college application but it's after the deadline. Would it disadvantage my application? I have currently applied to Clare, knowing they have a higher BMAT score but now I want to change it to one with a lower BMAT score and give out more interviews like St.Catherines. If not, then I'd put an open application. Any advice??? I think it would probs be best to take action before the SAQ deadline. Maybe I could mention it in my SAQ?... idk someone help pls
Nicolosos
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CreativeScience)
You can't substitute it on UCAS anyway as you can only substitute to a different university. [...]
I'm not sure that's the case. When I click 'Substitute this choice' it lets me select Cambridge again.
Last edited by Nicolosos; 1 month ago
CreativeScience
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nicolosos)
I'm not sure that's the case. When I click 'Substitute this choice' it lets me select Cambridge again.
You can select it but you wouldn't be able to submit it
Jackreah219
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student10604)
Hey guys, I dont know if this is the right place to put this, but I want to change my cambridge college application but it's after the deadline. Would it disadvantage my application? I have currently applied to Clare, knowing they have a higher BMAT score but now I want to change it to one with a lower BMAT score and give out more interviews like St.Catherines. If not, then I'd put an open application. Any advice??? I think it would probs be best to take action before the SAQ deadline. Maybe I could mention it in my SAQ?... idk someone help pls
hey can I ask if you were able to do this in the end?
student10604
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jackreah219)
hey can I ask if you were able to do this in the end?
Hi, unfortunately not. I emailed Cambridge admissions directly and they said that I can't make any changes after the 15th oct deadline
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads