Is it okay for a 16 year old to date a 19 year old?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Really like this guy who's 19 and I'm 16. He's got a job and I've only just started college, just wonder what people think before I tell my friends and family.
hey hey yall
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
3 year age gap and both legal im ok with it
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In my honest opinion, this is definitely something that could be viewed as weird but as long as you’re happy, with no regrets, then who cares what they think. Life’s too short to be controlled by people’s judgement on you as an individual.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Like the others said, if you are both fine with it then I see no concern. Don't make decisions too hastily just because of other people's judgments, it's not their life, it's yours.
Doomotron
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Really like this guy who's 19 and I'm 16. He's got a job and I've only just started college, just wonder what people think before I tell my friends and family.
I say this a lot but if you were both ten years older, there would be no issue. Obviously you should be careful, but it shouldn't be the end of the world.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, it is fine- as long as nothing illegal is going on, everything is consensual and both people are happy together.
The oldest guys I dated as a 16-17 year old were in their 50s and 60s.
asdasdasdsadasd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nah g
HeavLeighGill
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t see anything wrong with it! My husband is a few years younger than me. It seems like a big deal to people when you hear 16 and 19, but nobody will think twice about it when you guys are 20 and 23, for example. Do what makes you happy 😁
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lenglet)
Thats nasty AF. Do you have daddy issues?
Did you make an account just to bash people who post on the relationship thread?

…I speculate that this isn’t your first time you’ve done this; who are you?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its perfectly legal and its not a large gap so whats the problem?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by germain777)
Sometimes they are just golddiggers so its purely for money. Remember, Women are desperate and are basically toys to us. Just having money makes yall go wet in the vagina and drop to your knees/go crazy. (I mean it's not like you can earn your own money as you are usually reliant on the man for that). Theres a reason you'll never see women dating a broke janitor making little to no money etc, even if he is handsome or tall. But you'll always see a man dating a woman who is pretty, doesn't matter if shes making pennies as a cleaner or the lowest paid council worker etc.
just found out I'm not a woman, all thanks to this guy
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 3 weeks ago
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by germain777)
Women are desperate AF. Even just simply having money makes a woman go crazy! You'll see pretty 20 year old girls dating 40/50 year old ugly men just because of it. Even when unattracted to the guy!
my family is south asian and let me tell you there are plenty of south asians who date and are married to girls they're unattracted to or dislike for their or their family's money
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbf when I was 16, I constantly had crushes on the older guys and would've dated a 19 year old but it does seem weird
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
probably not. he's probably been in a relationship, and it's much easier for him to get a job. there's a potential for financial and emotional abuse but it's not too bad
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was 16 and he was 19. We been married 24 years. Different era, but if your both mature enough, respect each other as well as love each other and you take your time and don't rush it.
hey hey yall
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
wtf thee is so much wrong with that ^^
connor43
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes, it is fine- as long as nothing illegal is going on, everything is consensual and both people are happy together.
The oldest guys I dated as a 16-17 year old were in their 50s and 60s.
Daddy issues?
Last edited by connor43; 1 week ago
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by connor43)
Daddy issues?
Nope.
Ben5t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Nope.
So why date someone your granddaddy's age as soon as your vag became legal? Thats actually so vile i want to puke. Definitely some serious daddy issues and lack of a father figure. Was your real daddy not present in your life so you had to date his friend?
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ben5t)
So why date someone your granddaddy's age as soon as your vag became legal? Thats actually so vile i want to puke. Definitely some serious daddy issues and lack of a father figure. Was your real daddy not present in your life so you had to date his friend?
My father is older than every guy I've ever dated and I avoid most of his friends.
Both grandfathers died long before I was born.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (154)
54.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.59%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.25%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.63%

Watched Threads