Changing courses in second year...

Watch this thread
Chelsea_morganx
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,

I have emailed my uni's student hub but it's been a few days and I haven't received an answer so thought I'd seen if anyone on here had any helpful advice.

I am currently enrolled on a BA Law course and whilst I don't mind it, I definitely didn't do enough research before picking it and now I've found a job that'd I would love to do in the future but from my research I'm not able to determine whether law is a valid degree to do this.

So, I was looking into crime scene analysts and also criminal intelligence analyst and I just think that field of work is exactly what I'd like to do but unfortunately when I was choosing a degree I wasn't aware of it. Part of my current course is criminal justice but I don't know if one unit of criminal law is good enough for this type of job.

Does anyone know if law would allow me to gain a job in this field?

If not, is it too late for me to change courses? Or is it possible for me to do another along side my law degree?

I hope this makes sense, I'm a bit all over the place right now stressing about this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
ineedthreeAs
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Student finance will only provide one extra year of funding. If you have completed your first year and then withdraw you can still get the next degree funded.

You need to find out when the deadline for withdrawing from your course without using up your 2nd year of funding is.
one_two_three
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
If your uni has the course that you want to do, since first year doesn't count you could ask about taking a combined degree and still use the first year of your degree? If the first year of your degree has similar modules it may not be an issue. Best off going into the office tomorrow when it is open because you know you will get an immediate answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads