Original post by tecna
All of em

haha okay, but on a serious note. i want to know everyone's opinion
wdym by worst the hardest or the sh**tiest one

is this including college level 3 courses
(edited 2 years ago)
The ones that I don’t enjoy.
Reply 5
history and english lit are probably the hardest. maybe art if you're not naturally talented. Bio bc of the memorization.
i dont think any a level is hard tbh
like if u have a good strategy to revisse n everything u should be fine
depends on what u like

u like essay based n a lot of content go for psych n eng lit n them kinda subjects...i hated psych too much content n too much stuff to revise
i did bio n chem n found chem easier simply bcz its more mathsy n i like maths so i did decent n got an A in terms of bio there was a lot more content n had to revise more than i did for chem but still got an A so its jus like know ur strength n weaknessess play the game n u will get there
good luck
Reply 7
Original post by tecna
i dont think any a level is hard tbh
like if u have a good strategy to revisse n everything u should be fine
depends on what u like

u like essay based n a lot of content go for psych n eng lit n them kinda subjects...i hated psych too much content n too much stuff to revise
i did bio n chem n found chem easier simply bcz its more mathsy n i like maths so i did decent n got an A in terms of bio there was a lot more content n had to revise more than i did for chem but still got an A so its jus like know ur strength n weaknessess play the game n u will get there
good luck

what were you methods for revising ? I'm finding it hard to find a good method and ik everyone has a personal preference but what did you do .?
Reply 8
Original post by holyguac
in your personal opinions, what are the worst a levels to take

That’s an impossible question to answer as it depends on the student. Someone who is very STEM orientated would find say history and English their worst nightmare, but likewise a humanities orientated student would find STEM A-levels a nightmare.
Reply 9
Original post by lalexm
That’s an impossible question to answer as it depends on the student. Someone who is very STEM orientated would find say history and English their worst nightmare, but likewise a humanities orientated student would find STEM A-levels a nightmare.

see this is the thing; i'm both if that makes sense.
for my a levels i have chosen maths, econ, literature and theatre.
I'm one month in and i genuinely love all of them however, i know that i can't handle the quantity of work that comes with four a levels so i need to drop one next weekend.
Reply 10
see this is the thing; i'm both if that makes sense.
for my a levels i have chosen maths, econ, literature and theatre.
I'm one month in and i genuinely love all of them however, i know that i can't handle the quantity of work that comes with four a levels so i need to drop one next weekend.

The obvious one to drop would be theater, unless you want to get into some sort of art/performing arts course. Your other 3 go extremely well together - maths/econ of course complement each other, and literature really shows that you are an all rounder, and should also help with your economics essays.
what were you methods for revising ? I'm finding it hard to find a good method and ik everyone has a personal preference but what did you do .?

Active recall
Exam questions
Watching ali abdaal to help me stop procrastinating
N not wasting time on making loads of notes n revision cards unless for active recall
Using up all my free periods to get my work done so when I come home I can CHILL a little bit
Reply 12
Original post by tecna
Active recall
Exam questions
Watching ali abdaal to help me stop procrastinating
N not wasting time on making loads of notes n revision cards unless for active recall
Using up all my free periods to get my work done so when I come home I can CHILL a little bit

ahhh okay ty, see i procrastinate a lot. like it's a big prob. @gcse it was fine bc i could learn it all in a week but there's so much content at a levels and i can't do that now. plus I'm a grade A student - i'd like to maintain this ngl.

i seem to have so much hw and I'm only three weeks in !!
i can't seem to utilise my free periods at sch primarily bc i cant concentrate when I'm at sch - there's so many distractions!
Reply 13
Original post by lalexm
The obvious one to drop would be theater, unless you want to get into some sort of art/performing arts course. Your other 3 go extremely well together - maths/econ of course complement each other, and literature really shows that you are an all rounder, and should also help with your economics essays.

okay thankyou for your input. tbh ig that's what I'm thinking too. I do genuinely love theatre, i have a natural flair for it- esp. the writing (i.e getting 80/80 and 32/32 in my work and a grade 9 overall at gcse). the only thing is ik that's not realistic for me to have a career in, like to get into Hollywood is near impossible but its still a dream?
I'm not fully certain yet
Reply 14
in your personal opinions, what are the worst a levels to take

BIOLOGY!!

even if you're smart at gcse's I got all 9s and 8s I still struggle with biology and I take chemistry too but like it

Quick Reply

Latest