Had COVID now I’m losing a lot of weight is this normal?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have just come out of isolation from having COVID it didn’t affect me that badly and I was eating as I normally would. but I weighed myself last night and I have lost 4 pounds. Then I weighed myself this morning and I have lost another. Is this a normal thing to happen after having COVID? What do I do to gain the weight back
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have just come out of isolation from having COVID it didn’t affect me that badly and I was eating as I normally would. but I weighed myself last night and I have lost 4 pounds. Then I weighed myself this morning and I have lost another. Is this a normal thing to happen after having COVID? What do I do to gain the weight back
I think its important to say that every body is different, so I don't think anyone on here can tell you how or when you will get the weight back. But, I had a similar experience where I lost weight because of COVID - I made sure to eat well and let my body rest and eventually I was back at the weight I had before (I had lost a lot of muscle from being able to move around too much). I would say to just take care of yourself and make sure to think about how your body feels, and if the fact that you aren't gaining weight still concerns you the best person to go to would be your doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (265)
57.73%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (61)
13.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (40)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.36%

Watched Threads