Personal statement for uni Question/Problem

Watch
Caitlyn Sixx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’m stuck between two courses at staffs uni to apply for: games design or esports. I’m interested in both of them but when writing my personal statement I’ve been told I can only focus on one of them to talk about. Problem is I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE I WANT TO DO!
Has anyone else been in this situation? Got any advice? Is it possible to talk about them both in my personal statement?
SummerStrawberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ultimately you'll have to commit to one or the other at some point - unless you find a dual honours degree, you can only study one course at a time. Try writing separate personal statements for each, and see which comes most naturally to you - if you find one or the other significantly easier to write, that could indicate the one to which you are best suited.
Caitlyn Sixx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SummerStrawberry)
Ultimately you'll have to commit to one or the other at some point - unless you find a dual honours degree, you can only study one course at a time. Try writing separate personal statements for each, and see which comes most naturally to you - if you find one or the other significantly easier to write, that could indicate the one to which you are best suited.
Thank you!! I’ll try doing that
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Caitlyn Sixx)
Hi, I’m stuck between two courses at staffs uni to apply for: games design or esports. I’m interested in both of them but when writing my personal statement I’ve been told I can only focus on one of them to talk about. Problem is I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE I WANT TO DO!
Has anyone else been in this situation? Got any advice? Is it possible to talk about them both in my personal statement?
Hi Caitlyn Sixx

We're excited to hear that you're considering two courses at Staffs. If you have any Qs about either our Games Design and Esports degrees, please give me a shout.

As you're probably very aware, they're very different courses with very different graduate prospects. If you'd like to chat to our lecturers/current students, our next open day is 24 October and you can sign up here.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (156)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (42)
14.74%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (32)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.12%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.56%

Watched Threads