Would you get into a relationship with someone who's waiting till marriage

Just curious.

Scroll to see replies

yes i would

Original post by Anonymous
Just curious.
no
Nah
I could be in a relationship where I waited a long time to have sex, but I don't think I'd be compatible with someone who was waiting until marriage specifically.
No. I would not make a commitment like that without knowing that we are compatible in the bedroom. Sexual incompatibility has led to the breakdown of several of my previous relationships, so I wouldn't be prepared to make that gamble of waiting until after marriage.
(edited 2 years ago)
yeah, and no im not religious
(edited 2 years ago)
No.
If we get married within like a week then yh
Original post by Little pecker
If we get married within like a week then yh

You wouldn't mind if the divorce settlement negotiations last for longer than the marriage took to fizzle out due to sexual incompatibility? :tongue:
Absolutely not. I value an active sex life too much.
In my own opinion yes why not what if he fill in love with me
Original post by londonmyst
You wouldn't mind if the divorce settlement negotiations last for longer than the marriage took to fizzle out due to sexual incompatibility? :tongue:

There are a handful full of people in this world I’d be prepared to risk it all for, at that point if it doesn’t work out then whatever.
No because I would be the one waiting until marriage.
ok its on your opinion
So most ppl r saying no.

So as a followup question what if they were willing to do everything else except vaginal ***
So most ppl r saying no.

So as a followup question what if they were willing to do everything else except vaginal ***

If someone is going to commit to no sex before marriage, then they should be 100% committing. Oral and anal sex are still sex acts, as are all other forms of sexual contact. I wouldn't be able to take someone seriously if they said they're up for everything besides PIV, so that would still be a no as far as I'm concerned.
(edited 2 years ago)
So most ppl r saying no.

It's hard to conceive of a self-consistent system of morality that forbids exactly vaginal sex but allows everything else. It really doesn't make much sense.

I wouldn't be interested in dating a person that made that distinction, not because I'm keen on vaginal sex specifically, but because it would suggest to me that they had some odd, irrational sexual hangups.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
So most ppl r saying no.

I've heard this is a thing amongst Christians in the US and there's a song about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZF_R_j0OY

Never been really true if it's urban myth or not https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/do-christian-teens-really-have-butt-sex-to-avoid-losing-their-virginity but it seems very hypocritical and I'm with the other posters than it just seems weird.

Edit: I suppose it made a certain amount of sense when vaginal sex carried a risk of pregnancy (so your sin would be found out), but now we have effective contraception I don't understand it at all.
(edited 2 years ago)
Possibly, but given that waiting until marriage goes hand in hand with fairly strict religious beliefs I doubt that (being an atheist) I'd either fit their requirements or be able to hack it myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending