feeling lonely and just overall sad

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i know there are a billion posts about this already but i just want to vent a little

recently
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i know there are a billion posts about this already but i just want to vent a little

recently
pressed submit too early 🤦🏻*♀️

recently started to feel isolated from my flatmates. the first week was great, i felt like i got along with all of them so well and i had a small group of 2 or 3 girls i got along well with, but since i haven’t been able to go out and won’t be able to for a while, i feel like i’m missing out on spending time with them. i don’t get their jokes or stories, and whenever i try to join in conversation they just ignore me. i feel like the people i got along with well are starting to push me away , they barely talk or respond to me or want to spend time with me and i just really don’t know what to do. i don’t have any friends on my course, and i’m only acquainted with people in my accommodation. it’s just mentally draining to feel so alone and isolated and i really don’t know what to do, it’s only two weeks in and there’s so long left
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I am feeling the same right now. I have no friends at my university and I feel so lonely and isolated I have multiple breakdowns a day about it. Everyone says it will get better but I just don’t understand how. I don’t have a solution for you but just letting you know you’re not alone x
Harleyw2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just a reminder that everyday life changes, this time a few weeks this might be a completely different scenario, peoples loyalties change and its very early yet, maybe join the gym and some other classes that the uni offer of something that your interested in learning and meet like minded people there.
Stay strong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.61%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.37%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.32%

Watched Threads