The Student Room Group

Student loan problems

So on my SFE page the tuition fee says “awaiting confirmation”. However, the maintenance loan says payment in process. I rang up SFE and they said the uni have confirmed it and I will be paid on the given date. However, I still worry I won’t because of the “awaiting confirmation”. Any reason for this happening?
Original post by deadlift_noob
So on my SFE page the tuition fee says “awaiting confirmation”. However, the maintenance loan says payment in process. I rang up SFE and they said the uni have confirmed it and I will be paid on the given date. However, I still worry I won’t because of the “awaiting confirmation”. Any reason for this happening?

Hi, does the maintenance loan say awaiting confirmation or the tuition fee or both?

The university won't confirm attendance to release the tuition fee loan until closer to the 20/10 payment date.

This is nothing for you to worry about.

The university receives everyone's tuition fee on the 20/10 as one big payment so they usually wait for a while and confirm everyone's attendance together.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, does the maintenance loan say awaiting confirmation or the tuition fee or both?

The university won't confirm attendance to release the tuition fee loan until closer to the 20/10 payment date.

This is nothing for you to worry about.

The university receives everyone's tuition fee on the 20/10 as one big payment so they usually wait for a while and confirm everyone's attendance together.

Thanks, Isaac

Just the tuition fee says it. My maintenance loan says payment in process so does this mean I’ll be getting my loan?
Just the tuition fee says it. My maintenance loan says payment in process so does this mean I’ll be getting my loan?

Yes, it means it's been sent to your bank.

You can view more about each status here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/getting-your-first-student-finance-payment

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Yes, it means it's been sent to your bank.

You can view more about each status here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/getting-your-first-student-finance-payment

Thanks, Isaac

Ok thank you for the reassurance!
Ok thank you for the reassurance!

You're welcome - hopefully you received this payment.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending