The Student Room Group

Career confusion

This year during lockdown my interests seemed to have changed dramatically. I was studying architecture for undergrad, then did a change for my masters and did art history. Now don't judge me i've become really excited by the way performance industry and kpop do creative concepts like set and music video design, style concepts etc. I think it's so creative and interesting. don't even know what you would call the jobs that do that, if i can or should explore this, or if i should just stick to something as i'm in my mid 20s and feel like im not growing in one single area.

I need to find a job now but don't know what to do about these changing interests? I get very passionate about things and get really distracted by them all day every day. Have spoken to my uni careers team multiple times but they don't seem to understand my situation well and gave very generic advice which hasn't helped.
I hear McDonald's serve a BTS meal. Perhaps this aligns your interests with finding employment?
Reply 2
Original post by Meltboy7778
I hear McDonald's serve a BTS meal. Perhaps this aligns your interests with finding employment?

ha ha
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
This year during lockdown my interests seemed to have changed dramatically. I was studying architecture for undergrad, then did a change for my masters and did art history. Now don't judge me i've become really excited by the way performance industry and kpop do creative concepts like set and music video design, style concepts etc. I think it's so creative and interesting. don't even know what you would call the jobs that do that, if i can or should explore this, or if i should just stick to something as i'm in my mid 20s and feel like im not growing in one single area.

I need to find a job now but don't know what to do about these changing interests? I get very passionate about things and get really distracted by them all day every day. Have spoken to my uni careers team multiple times but they don't seem to understand my situation well and gave very generic advice which hasn't helped.

I'm in the same boat really. I'm 26, did a creative subject for BA and a media course at MA and don't really want a job in either sector now. I tried talking to career advisors at uni but, like you, they were pretty useless. I think one thing that's particularly unhelpful is that hardly anyone offers apprenticeship schemes for postgrads or people over the age of 20. There's internships sure, but hard to find in creative sectors tbh. Maybe you could work on building a creative portfolio as a hobby and in the meantime maintain a job for money? That way you have finance and are working towards your new interest? My bad if this absolutely has no use to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending