smithc340
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey! Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
Im hoping to apply for medicine (starting 2022) and am a little worried that my grades might not get me into very many universities at all. Would really appreciate it if someone could give me some uni recommendations (England and Wales) based off of my grades. Cheers.

GCSEs (top 9)

A*A*A*AAAAAB

UCAT

VR - 550
DM - 620
QR - 720
AR - 660
Total 2550
SJT - Band 3

*My personal statement is good, I have good work Experience, done independent research etc.
Last edited by smithc340; 4 weeks ago
midnightskies0
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Post your stats on here for some recommendations as they certainly know more than me : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578

However, I did just see someone with the same UCAT as you get recommended Plymouth and Liverpool so this may be a good place to start (I believe these don't consider GCSEs past minimum requirements but check this!).
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there!

Having looked at your grades and the entry criteria you would certainly be a strong candidate for Hull York medical school, as your predicted grades exceed the grade requirements (AAA, and so you also have some room for if you do not quite meet these) and applicants are expected to have achieved Band 3 or above on the SJT, which you meet! The school also allows applicants to be allocated one of two campuses too dependent on where suits you best geographically. Definitely worth a look! I've attached a link to the webpage if you are interested: https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine/mbbs-medicine.

Best of luck and well done on your incredible work so far.
Lizzy, Student ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads