Earliest Date for UCAS Offers/Rejections

Watch
VeryAverage
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What is the earliest you can receive an offer from a University?

I'm an early applicant, so I already had to submit my application and other stuff to UCAS (school submitted it yesterday, saw confirmation from UCAS this morning on my email).

I was just wondering, do offers usually come at a specific date, or do they just come whenever the uni feels like it? I.e. could I get an offer like next week, or do they wait for all the non-early applications to come in first?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by VeryAverage)

I'm an early applicant, so I already had to submit my application and other stuff to UCAS (school submitted it yesterday, saw confirmation from UCAS this morning on my email).

I was just wondering, do offers usually come at a specific date, or do they just come whenever the uni feels like it? I.e. could I get an offer like next week, or do they wait for all the non-early applications to come in first?
In theory you could receive offers the day after you submit. Most courses will start making decisions straight away, it's only competitive ones that wait until the January deadline to begin. The average wait time is about 7 weeks, but submitting early can lead to hearing back quicker.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the course and university. The reply deadline for universities is in the end of May.
viennas
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by VeryAverage)

I got my first offer five days after applying, and my last after six months. So it can really vary. Oxbridge give out their offers on a specific day, though.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Many top Unis have not even looked at any early applications yet - and wont be doing so for several more weeks.
They are still finalising final places for this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads