The Student Room Group

Exotic girl fetish?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Quote where I said that.

Read your own comments. You have been denying it since the beginning saying British aren't racist, don't fetish when the reality is when you speak to any Asian girl or an attractive South Asian, they know it's very real.
If he does have a fetish then you’ll know pretty quickly, otherwise just ignore. I’m Indian myself and I know that there are certainly white dudes out there who have a ‘colonist’ fetish, I want to believe that’s the minority. If he approaches your friend that’s between her and him, hopefully she is able to spot when she’s being fetishised( the signs are usually quite obvious). Saying that, all you can tell now is that he finds her attractive, whether that’s due to her looks only or because she’s Asian is unknown.
Reply 42
Why do you care so much? Does it bother you that a guy is paying attention to your friend and not you? I just find this entire thread pointless. You ask for people's opinions but everyone here seems to disagree with you. You jump to the assumption that the guy is fetishising your friend when in reality he probably just thinks she's beautiful. Also, for someone who claims to have an issue with racism, why is it that you're so quick to stereotyping a man of a different race by saying that he only appreciates Asian women due to their stereotypical characteristics? As long as your friend isn't bothered by him staring at her, I don't see why it's any of your business
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
If he does have a fetish then you’ll know pretty quickly, otherwise just ignore. I’m Indian myself and I know that there are certainly white dudes out there who have a ‘colonist’ fetish, I want to believe that’s the minority. If he approaches your friend that’s between her and him, hopefully she is able to spot when she’s being fetishised( the signs are usually quite obvious). Saying that, all you can tell now is that he finds her attractive, whether that’s due to her looks only or because she’s Asian is unknown.

How can spot these signs? I can tell her to look out for it
Read your own comments. You have been denying it since the beginning saying British aren't racist, don't fetish when the reality is when you speak to any Asian girl or an attractive South Asian, they know it's very real.

So you can't quote where I said that because I didn't. It is xenophobic to assume because of someone's nationality that they are probably racist.

Of course some people will be racist or fetishise race but that is very different to saying that because of their nationality it is the most likely option.

Once again you and making things up about a person without any evidence.
So you can't quote where I said that because I didn't. It is xenophobic to assume because of someone's nationality that they are probably racist.

Of course some people will be racist or fetishise race but that is very different to saying that because of their nationality it is the most likely option.

Once again you and making things up about a person without any evidence.

Since you don't understand
Since you don't understand

Read what you are quoting :facepalm2:
Saying that, all you can tell now is that he finds her attractive, whether that’s due to her looks only or because she’s Asian is unknown.

You said it doesn't exist
You said it doesn't exist

Did I really?
Of course some people will be racist or fetishise race

I have a friend in her 30’s who goes on dating apps, she is Indian herself. She doesn’t get matches with Indian dudes (her preference) but loads of divorcee white dudes who want an Indian girl as they are ‘loyal’ and ‘devoted’. It most certainly is a problem.
I have a friend in her 30’s who goes on dating apps, she is Indian herself. She doesn’t get matches with Indian dudes (her preference) but loads of divorcee white dudes who want an Indian girl as they are ‘loyal’ and ‘devoted’. It most certainly is a problem.

The guy above is continously arguing that racism and fetishm doesn't exist .

I don’t think he is. It’s foolish to say it doesn’t exist, it’s a big problem which leads to minority women to be unsafe. I think in your particular situation, you just don’t know. If it’s making you or your friend uncomfortable approach this guy and explain how it’s making you feel. How old are you and your friend and this guy btw?

No I didn't.
Once again, read what I said.

Of course some people will be racist or fetishise race
I don’t think he is. It’s foolish to say it doesn’t exist, it’s a big problem which leads to minority women to be unsafe. I think in your particular situation, you just don’t know. If it’s making you or your friend uncomfortable approach this guy and explain how it’s making you feel. How old are you and your friend and this guy btw?

I'm 26 she's 30. The guy is probably around her age since he's been at uni for many years .
I'm 26 she's 30. The guy is probably around her age since he's been at uni for many years .

Ah okay I only asked since it would be weird if he was in his 30’s and you guys were high school leavers lol.
How can spot these signs? I can tell her to look out for it

It’s usually quite instinctive, a weird obsession with the culture (that crosses the interest boundary) is a big one. Says degrading **** about the girls’ culture. Usually, mocks men who are the same ethnicity as the girl. The biggest one is when they introduce to you to ppl as my asian girlfriend instead of just girlfriend.
It’s usually quite instinctive, a weird obsession with the culture (that crosses the interest boundary) is a big one. Says degrading **** about the girls’ culture. Usually, mocks men who are the same ethnicity as the girl. The biggest one is when they introduce to you to ppl as my asian girlfriend instead of just girlfriend.

Our uni specializes in middle eastern, Asian and South Asian culture and since he's here, eating Indian food then showing interest in Asian girl, I felt it was with a question
Our uni specializes in middle eastern, Asian and South Asian culture and since he's here, eating Indian food then showing interest in Asian girl, I felt it was with a question

SOAS?
I think being ethnic minority you grow up knowing how to spot these kind of ppl. I’m sure she’ll be fine :smile:
SOAS?
I think being ethnic minority you grow up knowing how to spot these kind of ppl. I’m sure she’ll be fine :smile:

Yep. And apparently he's been here for many years so assuming phd or GTA. Then you feel like who knows what is going on
Yep. And apparently he's been here for many years so assuming phd or GTA. Then you feel like who knows what is going on

Might just be a standard weirdo, might just not know different. If you feel unsafe report it of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending