The Student Room Group

Girl coming round tomorrow

So a girl I've been dating is coming round to my house tomorrow. What should we do? Watch a movie? She's 20 and I'm 23, we both attend Uni.

Scroll to see replies

TV/film is the easiest go-to activity. TV shows are often better if you want to chat because you can treat them more as background noise.

If the two of you are into video games and you have some fun co-op ones that can work too.
Original post by 1582
TV/film is the easiest go-to activity. TV shows are often better if you want to chat because you can treat them more as background noise.

If the two of you are into video games and you have some fun co-op ones that can work too

Cook each other something but you don’t say what it is, make something together
Reply 3
Original post by 1582

If the two of you are into video games and you have some fun co-op ones that can work too.

I'm just scared it will feel awkward if you get what I mean? I've never really dated before or had a girl round.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just scared it will feel awkward if you get what I mean? I've never really dated before or had a girl round.

It probably will be a little awkward at first and it's natural to feel nervous. But you guys will settle into being comfortable with each other pretty quickly. Have fun :smile:
So a girl I've been dating is coming round to my house tomorrow. What should we do? Watch a movie? She's 20 and I'm 23, we both attend Uni.

Change your sheets and duvet cover. Fetch out anything unpleasant from under the bed. Pants in a washing basket out the way.
Yeah, thoroughly clean your space. Properly make your surroundings look clean; the desk, bathroom (if you have an on sweet, this is very important), open windows and maybe fabreeze/spray everywhere so it smells fresh etc. Make sure you smell fresh too. Pop some perfume on.

Kick back, relax and watch a movie.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Thanks for the advice everyone, I just feel very stressed about it rn
Thanks for the advice everyone, I just feel very stressed about it rn

If you feel it will be awkward, that’s not like unexpected. I’m sure even she feels the same way. Just relax and try not to think about it too much. But ensure to prepare your surroundings so she’s comfortable.
Make sure you have good snacks and some drinks in, and the place is tidy and doesn't smell weird. When i go round to a guy's house the first bit is the most awkward if you act nervous and don't break the ice it gets awkward quick. So have a chat and stuff first before you ask oh what do you wanna do, then you can find out what tv shows they like maybe watch that
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If you feel it will be awkward, that’s not like unexpected. I’m sure even she feels the same way. Just relax and try not to think about it too much. But ensure to prepare your surroundings so she’s comfortable.

I hope she doesn’t want sex, as don’t feel ready for that rn I like to take things slow instead.
actually most times i've been too a guy's house it's been so awkward i'm put off going again i know they get nervous but you need some hosting skills
How long have you guys been dating?
How long have you guys been dating?

Only for around 2 weeks, and been on 4 dates since
I hope she doesn’t want sex, as don’t feel ready for that rn I like to take things slow instead.

Well, maybe if you said it to her then she might get the message.
(edited 2 years ago)
Well, maybe if you said it to her then she might get the message.

So I should tell her I don’t want sex beforehand? Sorry I’m new to dating :frown:
Ok so y’all are still new together! I’m a teen girl and here are my tips:
1. Tidy your house a little. Not like a lockdown deep clean just more putting away dirty clothes and opening all the windows to change the air.
2. Have some “activities” on hand. I get that watching Tv could be a little awkward so what about something where you talk? Someone above mentioned cooking and if you think she’d like that then that would be perfect… cook together and then sit down and eat your food afterwards! Depending on what time she’s coming you could cook a meal and eat it OR bake snacks and watch a movie together after.
3. Be yourself! If anything, she’s gonna be pretty nervous coming into your ‘territory’. Offer here a drink periodically and maybe have a couple snacks on the table so if she’s hungry she doesn’t have to ask.

Have fun and good luck! :smile:
So I should tell her I don’t want sex beforehand? Sorry I’m new to dating :frown:

I would wait to see what vibes she’s giving off. Don’t just walk up to her and say “When you come round to mine I don’t wanna do it”. Just go with the flow on the night and if it looks like she wants something more maybe gently tell her that you aren’t ready yet and she should respect that :smile:

In the mood, it might ruin the vibe. But, IMO, this is something you should have discussed with her when you got to know her. It won’t hurt to withdraw if she does want to though then maybe explain to her afterwards.
(edited 2 years ago)
In the mood, it might ruin the vibe. But, IMO, this is something you should have discussed with her when you got to know her. It won’t hurt to withdraw if she doesn’t want to though then maybe explain to her afterwards.

Yeah maybe we should, we have never discussed sex yet at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending