?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is an EPQ worth it?
M_g2134
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From what I know, most unis will appreciate and take into account if you’ve done an EPQ. Some may even lower grade entry requirement if you got a high grade in your EPQ. Even if they don’t it helps build essential skills that you’re going to be using in uni such as independent learning which you should be able to talk about in your ps. Depending on your title and the course you want to take at uni, the unis will see that you’ve done further research into that specific area which shows that you’re interested in studying it.
deeznuts112
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did it when I was in sixth form, was really useful although it wasn't taken into account by my uni. Also relatively easy if you're consistent and work on it regularly. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help
username5811664
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is worth it trust me! If I didn't do an EPQ I would probably not have been able to get into uni. I did ask that question myself last time around the end of year 12 because it was during covid lockdown and my supervisor was awful ;-; and I couldn't think of a topic with a lot of resources. I'm glad I did it. Although it was compulsory at my school if you only did 3 subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads