Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Right, I want to ask about something because I am not too sure if I am overreacting but at the same time I know my feelings are valid.

I'm a bit irritated at my bf because we went out recently for his birthday. I planned the whole day & booked a few places. We went to all but his mood was off all day. He was on his phone a lot & wasn't bubbly as usual. I was curious and asked at dinner and he started saying that someone slid into his dms and he's confused on what to do. I told him if it concerns him that much he should unfollow or block. He said he doesn't want to block cos he feels that's too extreme as she's got mutual friends to him.

Now another thing that pissed me off is that whilst we were eating dinner at a restaurant, he calls his mate and they have a conversation about something trivial but I feel like it was disrespectful to me. We're long-distance & this was the first time seeing him in a month.

I told him how I felt and he said he was feeling off cos he never had a girl do nice things for him before. I still feel like even if he's never received nice things, he should be present with me right? Like that doesn't make much sense.

Finally, he doesn't call me unless I initiate that I want a call. I spoke to him about this and he said that he doesn't cos he thinks I'll be busy. but when we're texting instantly I thought you'd know to ask if you can call surely lol. And even then, if you don't ask you won't know if I'm acc busy or free??? Anyways, I'm not sure if I'm overreacting but I feel a bit uneasy with this.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Babe. Drop him. There's plenty of other fish in the sea, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

First of all, if it is HIS birthday and you have went out of your way to plan something not even for you, he should show his gratitude. As he didn't it shows that he doesn't like you or truly know your worth. The fact that he has to debate on what to do about the girl shows that you are not his top priority as any boy that really ans truly loved you would block instantly and cut off anything to do with that scenario. Also, if you always initiate it he doesn't like you back you shouldn't chase babe you should ATTRACT.

Know your self-worth and leave before he leaves you; and stunt on him babes! MEN ARE TRASH🤣🤣🤣
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First things first, you’re not overreacting in the slightest.

I think it’s good he’s told you someone slid into his DMs because he’s being truthful but at the same time why would he say he doesn’t know what to do about it? I’m not saying he doesn’t like you anymore but the fact you’re long distance and haven’t seen each other for soo long and then he treats you that way at dinner. If I was you I would take a step back and see how he reacts. Actions speak louder than words. He should initiate conversation with you and try and call you. It’s like he’s making an excuse saying he thinks your busy, in my opinion anyway.

I wouldn’t stand for it. I wouldn’t overreact but I don’t think I would be trying as hard as you have done from now on. He can’t say he’s not used to a girl doing nice things for him to act strange. I get some people don’t like gifts or being made the centre of attention but again I think that’s an excuse. He’s acting off and I think you need to be told where you stand or how he’s feeling.

If he doesn’t make you feel amazing he’s not worth it. The good things you’re doing for him need to be reciprocated and you need to know he’s making an effort! X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed