Advice from Pakistani/Muslim men please

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m a white female in my 20s and I have a huge ‘thing’ for a British Pakistani man who’s my colleague and I don’t know how to go about it? I am constantly thinking about him but I don’t know what he feels towards me, if he even dates and what to do. I know he drinks alcohol, which doesn’t mean much but he clearly does some things that are haram. Has anybody got any suggestions? We get on quite well but I’m not sure how to get my feelings across without saying and risking ruining the friendship and making it an uncomfortable workplace
Educate_Yourself
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to probe him and see how religious he is and how strict his family are. If he is drinking alcohol then he clearly isn't a strict Muslim.
kyungsoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
regardless of him being pakistani/muslim........you want to date ur coworker?
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m a white female in my 20s and I have a huge ‘thing’ for a British Pakistani man who’s my colleague and I don’t know how to go about it? I am constantly thinking about him but I don’t know what he feels towards me, if he even dates and what to do. I know he drinks alcohol, which doesn’t mean much but he clearly does some things that are haram. Has anybody got any suggestions? We get on quite well but I’m not sure how to get my feelings across without saying and risking ruining the friendship and making it an uncomfortable workplace
Pretty useless if he is religious outside the alcohol.
Little pecker
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kyungsoo)
regardless of him being pakistani/muslim........you want to date ur coworker?
This isn’t out of the norm
Last edited by Little pecker; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
And say what exactly?
Anonymous #1
And say what exactly?
This is in regards to how strict he is
how do I bring up in conversation to flirt with him? I don’t want him to think that i flirt with everyone and i am a typical white woman. How do you get to know a Pakistani man in that way without it being too obvious?
Educate_Yourself
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is in regards to how strict he is
how do I bring up in conversation to flirt with him? I don’t want him to think that i flirt with everyone and i am a typical white woman. How do you get to know a Pakistani man in that way without it being too obvious?
Just slowly start to ask him questions like do you pray and is your family religious. Honestly I'm a Pakistani guy and people ask me questions like this all the time to see how westernised I am so dont worry about it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Educate_Yourself)
Just slowly start to ask him questions like do you pray and is your family religious. Honestly I'm a Pakistani guy and people ask me questions like this all the time to see how westernised I am so dont worry about it.
I just don’t want him to think I’m being weird.. how would you expect a non Muslim woman to approach you and would you think bad of them? What would be the respectful way for a woman to flirt with you?
Educate_Yourself
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just don’t want him to think I’m being weird.. how would you expect a non Muslim woman to approach you and would you think bad of them? What would be the respectful way for a woman to flirt with you?
Well I'm Pakistani and not Muslim. Just talk to him like you would to a white guy and ask him straight up if he is a strict Muslim he will know what that means. You know him better than I do and honestly if he is drinking alcohol he will most likely be open to dating a non Muslim girl.
Anonymous #1
Thank you. Just don’t want him to think bad of me for flirting with him and potentially being disrespectful
Educate_Yourself
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you. Just don’t want him to think bad of me for flirting with him and potentially being disrespectful
nah he wont don't overthink it
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “The adulterer is not a believer while he is committing adultery. The drinker of alcohol (and other intoxicants) is not a believer while he is drinking alcohol. The thief is not a believer while he is stealing. The plunderer is not a believer while he is plundering and the people are looking to him.” [Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2343, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 57]

May Allāh guide him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Educate_Yourself)
nah he wont don't overthink it
I hope. I just feel annoying as the guy is above me in terms of employment and don’t want him to think I’m a creep but he’s really attractive and a nice man
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (233)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (52)
12.78%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.06%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.42%

Watched Threads