The Student Room Group

A* Revision Strategies?

Im in year 12 and i am the kind of person to procrastinate my work (mostly by looking on here lolol) and not get anything done, what are your favourite revision strategies or websites for papers? i use blurting and pomodoro but dont know of any others :frown:
Reply 1
what subjects do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Cs115
what subjects do you do?

I do A level Chemistry, Biology and Sociology :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by radiohead04
Im in year 12 and i am the kind of person to procrastinate my work (mostly by looking on here lolol) and not get anything done, what are your favourite revision strategies or websites for papers? i use blurting and pomodoro but dont know of any others :frown:

past papers r gonna b ur best friend when getting a*’s as u familiarise urself with the questions and any u get wrong just keep going over them bc they tend to recycle questions each year
Reply 4
well i dont do any of those but Id say for content heavy subjects such as those make anki flashcards so you memorise everything there is to know. then go onto past papers and familiarise yourself with the style of question and how to apply your knowledge. also ask questions in class - this saves you having to reteach yourself topics you dont understand which can be time consuming
Reply 5
Original post by Cs115
well i dont do any of those but Id say for content heavy subjects such as those make anki flashcards so you memorise everything there is to know. then go onto past papers and familiarise yourself with the style of question and how to apply your knowledge. also ask questions in class - this saves you having to reteach yourself topics you dont understand which can be time consuming

thank you so much, thats very helpful, i dont usually make flashcards but i think ill look into it- and ill try to ask more questions in class :biggrin: im quite a shy person but thank you for the advice, i see how asking questions would help you prevent having to reteach yourself
Reply 6
Original post by pmcgx
past papers r gonna b ur best friend when getting a*’s as u familiarise urself with the questions and any u get wrong just keep going over them bc they tend to recycle questions each year

do you know any websites for past papers?
Reply 7
Original post by radiohead04
do you know any websites for past papers?

Physics and maths tutor will have loads for bio and chem don't know about sociology though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending