A* Revision Strategies?

Watch
radiohead04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Im in year 12 and i am the kind of person to procrastinate my work (mostly by looking on here lolol) and not get anything done, what are your favourite revision strategies or websites for papers? i use blurting and pomodoro but dont know of any others

Cs115
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what subjects do you do?
radiohead04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cs115)
what subjects do you do?
I do A level Chemistry, Biology and Sociology
pmcgx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by radiohead04)
Im in year 12 and i am the kind of person to procrastinate my work (mostly by looking on here lolol) and not get anything done, what are your favourite revision strategies or websites for papers? i use blurting and pomodoro but dont know of any others
past papers r gonna b ur best friend when getting a*’s as u familiarise urself with the questions and any u get wrong just keep going over them bc they tend to recycle questions each year
Cs115
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
well i dont do any of those but Id say for content heavy subjects such as those make anki flashcards so you memorise everything there is to know. then go onto past papers and familiarise yourself with the style of question and how to apply your knowledge. also ask questions in class - this saves you having to reteach yourself topics you dont understand which can be time consuming
radiohead04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cs115)
well i dont do any of those but Id say for content heavy subjects such as those make anki flashcards so you memorise everything there is to know. then go onto past papers and familiarise yourself with the style of question and how to apply your knowledge. also ask questions in class - this saves you having to reteach yourself topics you dont understand which can be time consuming
thank you so much, thats very helpful, i dont usually make flashcards but i think ill look into it- and ill try to ask more questions in class im quite a shy person but thank you for the advice, i see how asking questions would help you prevent having to reteach yourself
radiohead04
Rep:
?
(Original post by pmcgx)
past papers r gonna b ur best friend when getting a*’s as u familiarise urself with the questions and any u get wrong just keep going over them bc they tend to recycle questions each year
do you know any websites for past papers?
Cs115
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by radiohead04)
do you know any websites for past papers?
Physics and maths tutor will have loads for bio and chem don't know about sociology though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads