How to get over feeling so ugly

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was never that insecure as a kid but recently I gained lots of acne and my hair is just a big curly mess. I moved to a new school and everyone is very attractive and it's just making me very insecure. I don't even want to go outside and I can't even look at myself in the mirror or camera. I know there's more important things in the world and I should just get over it but everytime I tell myself this it doesn't work and I still feel so upset.How do I get over this and focus on more important things?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
A bigger glow up is coming. All teenagers go through the normal teenage phase of insecurities. As you get older you’ll definitely start feeling better about yourself.
But try and talk to yourself in the mirror, smile at yourself, find features you absolutely adore.
Personally, I love big curly hair I’d love to have it
kyungsoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
looking attractive is not the price we pay to live a good life in this world. the last thing u need while ur studying is time wasted on trying to force a "glow up"
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Acne is temporary, just try out some products to improve it, same with the hair. Also most teenagers have them ignore the other people who probably spend hours fixing their appearance out of insecurity, there is always a growing up phase. My advice is experiment with your look and try different hair and skin product if you can, don't just get insecure and hide away (like i did). I wish people had given me advice on how to fix myeslf back when we didn't have smartphones and unlimited internet.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
A bigger glow up is coming. All teenagers go through the normal teenage phase of insecurities. As you get older you’ll definitely start feeling better about yourself.
But try and talk to yourself in the mirror, smile at yourself, find features you absolutely adore.
Personally, I love big curly hair I’d love to have it
Thank yo

(Original post by kyungsoo)
looking attractive is not the price we pay to live a good life in this world. the last thing u need while ur studying is time wasted on trying to force a "glow up"
I'm not trying to force a glow up I just want to feel more happy with myself
Anonymous #1
Acne is temporary, just try out some products to improve it, same with the hair. Also most teenagers have them ignore the other people who probably spend hours fixing their appearance out of insecurity, there is always a growing up phase. My advice is experiment with your look and try different hair and skin product if you can, don't just get insecure and hide away (like i did). I wish people had given me advice on how to fix myeslf back when we didn't have smartphones and unlimited internet.
I've been trying with my hair for ages it's just always frizzy but thank you
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I've been trying with my hair for ages it's just always frizzy but thank you
Then find hairstyles which are nice for frizzy hair get a pinterest
asdasdasdsadasd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was never that insecure as a kid but recently I gained lots of acne and my hair is just a big curly mess. I moved to a new school and everyone is very attractive and it's just making me very insecure. I don't even want to go outside and I can't even look at myself in the mirror or camera. I know there's more important things in the world and I should just get over it but everytime I tell myself this it doesn't work and I still feel so upset.How do I get over this and focus on more important things?
inner beauty is true beauty
Last edited by asdasdasdsadasd; 4 weeks ago
HeavLeighGill
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Try to stop calling yourself ugly inside your head - you sound like a good person and you don’t deserve to be made to feel that way. There will always be someone more attractive out there, but that’s just life.
You could try to help deal with your insecurities by doing things that make you feel better. I know you mentioned your hair is curly, but maybe look for ideas online if you don’t like it. You could try dressing differently and etc if it makes you feel better about yourself, but you should do it for you and not for someone else. It sounds like you may going through the whole teenage transition thing and if so, these problems may just disappear for you on their own.
Wishing you luck and I genuinely hope that you start to see yourself in a better light. Feel free to message me if you’d like 😁
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HeavLeighGill)
Try to stop calling yourself ugly inside your head - you sound like a good person and you don’t deserve to be made to feel that way. There will always be someone more attractive out there, but that’s just life.
You could try to help deal with your insecurities by doing things that make you feel better. I know you mentioned your hair is curly, but maybe look for ideas online if you don’t like it. You could try dressing differently and etc if it makes you feel better about yourself, but you should do it for you and not for someone else. It sounds like you may going through the whole teenage transition thing and if so, these problems may just disappear for you on their own.
Wishing you luck and I genuinely hope that you start to see yourself in a better light. Feel free to message me if you’d like 😁
Thank you I will try that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.59%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
14.01%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (43)
8.37%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.89%

Watched Threads