The Student Room Group

Is it bad to share stuff to your friends about your familly problems

I basically have a bad relationship with my familly they have bellittled, buillied me brought up my psat mistakes and body shamed me made fun of my mentla health issues i dont have any supprt apart from my two friends
(edited 2 years ago)
No friends can be your support just make sure you can trust them. i think you need to talk about these problems as you're suffering. would you consider getting help with counseling thru ur GP? I'm sorry you are feeling like this, it's not your fault if they treat you this way u don't deserve it. You will start your own life without them hurting you one day
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No friends can be your support just make sure you can trust them. i think you need to talk about these problems as you're suffering. would you consider getting help with counseling thru ur GP? I'm sorry you are feeling like this, it's not your fault if they treat you this way u don't deserve it. You will start your own life without them hurting you one day

I am scared of gp after having a bad experience with my old gp and as for my friends i trust them it is just that i have trust issues that stem from my childhood and i feel as though am a narciist and evryone is a victim of me am unemployed right now never had a job or anything am sort of trapped
(edited 2 years ago)
I am scared of gp after having a bad experience with my old gp and as for my friends i trust them it is just that i have trust issues that stem from my childhood and i feel as though am a narciist and evryone is a victim of me am unemployed right now never had a job or anything am sort of trapped

Try a different GP, they are all different. You have to try again it's important you deserve support. Even if yoou are struggling with narcissistic tendencies there is support for that and your situation/relationships can improve a lot. Your problems will also be connected to your family's treatment don't worry it takes time to learn who you are but you will get there.

any unemployment support like universal credit?
Reply 4
Try a different GP, they are all different. You have to try again it's important you deserve support. Even if yoou are struggling with narcissistic tendencies there is support for that and your situation/relationships can improve a lot. Your problems will also be connected to your family's treatment don't worry it takes time to learn who you are but you will get there.

any unemployment support like universal credit?

am a student am 18 everyone around me has part tome jobs and i feel bad for not having one
am a student am 18 everyone around me has part tome jobs and i feel bad for not having one

Oh don’t worry 18 is still very young you have your whole life ahead of you! Are you looking for work or do your struggles make you feel like you can’t do it ?
Reply 6
Oh don’t worry 18 is still very young you have your whole life ahead of you! Are you looking for work or do your struggles make you feel like you can’t do it ?

Am looking for work so that i can finacially support myself and then hopefully move out next year and my struggles are holding me back
It depends, bcuz you never know if you can 100% trust them. My advice is tell them, but - unless you trust them completely - don't tell them everything
That's what friends are for. To be there for your during the good and the bad. I'm really sorry you're going through troubles with your family, you're strong for speaking up about this. You deserve to treated like the human being that you are and with respect and dignity. I suggest getting help with your abusive family
Am looking for work so that i can finacially support myself and then hopefully move out next year and my struggles are holding me back

I think if you try a different GP, they will refer you for counselling support. Usually the counsellor helps you work towards making a plan for yourself if you want to and they offer job seeking services if you want it :smile: I think it would help you a lot
I think if you try a different GP, they will refer you for counselling support. Usually the counsellor helps you work towards making a plan for yourself if you want to and they offer job seeking services if you want it :smile: I think it would help you a lot

i have got a ne gp am just a little scared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending