The Student Room Group

I don't know if I should do BMAT

So i flopped my UCAT yay. I don't want to give up just yet and i'm not exactly allowed to apply far from home or take a gap year so my options are very limited. Thing is I have my predicted grades and I could just test my luck and hope that unis overlook my UCAT and offer me an interview regardless but the chances of that are low. So I could do the BMAT, however since i'm doing dentistry ONLY leeds uni look at BMAT so i'll be doing all that to potentially get into 1 uni. I saw the BMAT spec and it looks like so much and since I didn't do GCSE's i never started revising for them so i don't actually know my GCSE content all that well. On top of that last year with online learning took a toll on me and because of it I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge regarding first year content and my plan for this year was to make up for that, perfect exam technique and make up for last year. So naturally the BMAT spec feels overwhelming and I feel like there's so much to cover with not enough time to to cover it and if I do do it then i risk neglecting my A level revision. As you can tell i'm very torn. I know its only 1 university and it may not be worth the risk but as I mentioned before i'm very limited and I need to get into any uni for dentistry this year. If I do do it, how many hours do you think a day are adequete and enough for me to get good? Have any of you previously done the BMAT? how was your experience with it and do you consider it harder or easier than the UCAT?
I think you should definitely give it a go! It will give you more opportunities and it’s definitely not too late to start preparing, 4 weeks is enough to get an amazing score.
Original post by Dr. NotYet
I think you should definitely give it a go! It will give you more opportunities and it’s definitely not too late to start preparing, 4 weeks is enough to get an amazing score.

How do you think I should aim to revise sine I have a lot to cover? How many hours a day would be enough? have you done the bmat or are you planning on doing it?
Reply 3
Original post by Marryam__x
So i flopped my UCAT yay. I don't want to give up just yet and i'm not exactly allowed to apply far from home or take a gap year so my options are very limited. Thing is I have my predicted grades and I could just test my luck and hope that unis overlook my UCAT and offer me an interview regardless but the chances of that are low. So I could do the BMAT, however since i'm doing dentistry ONLY leeds uni look at BMAT so i'll be doing all that to potentially get into 1 uni. I saw the BMAT spec and it looks like so much and since I didn't do GCSE's i never started revising for them so i don't actually know my GCSE content all that well. On top of that last year with online learning took a toll on me and because of it I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge regarding first year content and my plan for this year was to make up for that, perfect exam technique and make up for last year. So naturally the BMAT spec feels overwhelming and I feel like there's so much to cover with not enough time to to cover it and if I do do it then i risk neglecting my A level revision. As you can tell i'm very torn. I know its only 1 university and it may not be worth the risk but as I mentioned before i'm very limited and I need to get into any uni for dentistry this year. If I do do it, how many hours do you think a day are adequete and enough for me to get good? Have any of you previously done the BMAT? how was your experience with it and do you consider it harder or easier than the UCAT?

You are in the Medicine forum, and if you are looking at Dentistry, you might do better in the forum for this?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194

Quick Reply

Latest