What are you enjoying about uni so far?

Watch
Anholm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've seen a lot of people talking about the problems they've faced while starting university be it social issues or financial trouble. It would be nice to hear what people are enjoying about their experience!
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anholm)
I've seen a lot of people talking about the problems they've faced while starting university be it social issues or financial trouble. It would be nice to hear what people are enjoying about their experience!
This is a great post! It’s nice to have some positivity for once . I’m going into the second year now and I really enjoyed the practical side of my course along with meeting different people from around the world 🌍
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I love this thread :heart: Can't wait to see some of the great experiences you've all had!
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Everything, honestly there’s so many weird and interesting ways you can meet people.
Anholm
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has anybody met people who they wouldn't have thought they'd get along with? Maybe different personality type, different subjects,, different culture, (dare I say it) different sexes?
What do you like about the universities you are in?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Loving all the in-person events and seminars/lectures the odd few are still are on-line but nearly all are in person, and my uni are doing in person exams this year as well
Last edited by Chronoscope; 3 weeks ago
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there,

I love this post Thanks for posting it!

What I'm enjoying about University is meeting new people, and listening to everyone's 'story'. I come from a little town, so meeting people from all over the UK (and the globe!) is really fantastic!

Ana
University of Liverpool Ambassador
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
meeting new people and spending time w friends
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
going home when I don’t have a lesson
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
going home when I don’t have a lesson
LOL couldn't relate to this more! It was my first day today, literally the driest cohort ive been with lmao everyone was so awkward and I didnt even speak to anyone.. was checking the time every 2secs until i left and went back home🙃
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
LOL couldn't relate to this more! It was my first day today, literally the driest cohort ive been with lmao everyone was so awkward and I didnt even speak to anyone.. was checking the time every 2secs until i left and went back home🙃
For me it was that everyone had their own friends so I was by myself. Going home was the best part of my day
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
For me it was that everyone had their own friends so I was by myself. Going home was the best part of my day
Yeah same that was the case with me they all had their own friendship groups so it was awkward to approach people.
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah same that was the case with me they all had their own friendship groups so it was awkward to approach people.
I’ve never been alone in school like this in my life 😢
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
year ago when i staretd, ive made the most friends during the fresher's meeting at the uni's bar/pub. everyone got more open after a few drinks lol
its quite hard to approach a group of 3 or 4 esp when you're by yourself, I get your feeling, you're not alone, its awkward!
Escape Studios Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you get to meet people from all walks of life. Meeting a lot of people and gaining new opportunities.
Christelledomina
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
haii i love this post
i had a lots of collogue and friends from my university
and i had also a great doctors that help us to faith any problem and this university learn me about life more than course
i am in love with all the bad and the great experience that's the real life
student at DMI (DMIPRO)
also the agency Medlink was so great and flexible
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
been very boring, maybe because i live at home. sometimes i wish my parents weren't religious or we were white because they seem to be less strict on social stuff.
Christelledomina
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
been very boring, maybe because i live at home. sometimes i wish my parents weren't religious or we were white because they seem to be less strict on social stuff.
umm tell us more about you and how do you live with your family
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So nice to see some great experiences here Hope everyone is doing ok!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Christelledomina)
umm tell us more about you and how do you live with your family
share room with 3 siblings, too much noise, can't talk to friends on call. sister has massive room to herself+good social life while i have no friends. im afraid i wont be aloud to move out for my uni years because i live 30 mins away
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (176)
55.7%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.92%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.76%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.43%

Watched Threads