Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm a huge loner, and I like it that way, and I do make a good amount of effort with my very small number of friends but sometimes I suffer from serious social anxiety and other times I just don't want to deal with the certain things. I recently booked trip for a couple of days VERY impulsively with two friends who have never met each other but I instantly regretted it both because of social anxiety and because I just don't want to deal with certain things. I want to cancel and I was the one that paid for most things, and they have only paid a small amount so far. They also understand why I am cancelling and that it is because I am uncomfortable and so far seem to be understanding of it. I'm planning of giving them the money for the things that they have paid as it is unfair of them to lose money and I plan to still going on the trip at a later time with a family member instead to do the non-refundable things that I have paid for. Am I a bad person and friend? I feel terrible about it but I feel even more terrible about going on the trip.
Laurenalexa.x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not at all! It was a nice thought but if you had to cancel for you thats what you had to do. Your mental health should come first. And its good that youre planning on paying them back
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Laurenalexa.x)
Not at all! It was a nice thought but if you had to cancel for you thats what you had to do. Your mental health should come first. And its good that youre planning on paying them back
The general concept of going appealed to me at first but I just did it so impulsively when I really shouldn't have. I'm in my early 20's so I feel quite stupid having a problem like this but I want to get in a good place mentally and socially and I just don't think this will help me. Do you think it's reasonable considering I'm going to pay them back once I decide? My family members don't understand as they could never fathom that I would have issues like this, they just think I'm overreacting.
Laurenalexa.x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The general concept of going appealed to me at first but I just did it so impulsively when I really shouldn't have. I'm in my early 20's so I feel quite stupid having a problem like this but I want to get in a good place mentally and socially and I just don't think this will help me. Do you think it's reasonable considering I'm going to pay them back once I decide? My family members don't understand as they could never fathom that I would have issues like this, they just think I'm overreacting.
Absolutely! If youre still deciding though maybe tell your friends that you wouldnt feel comfortable going anymore and see what they say. If they are good friends they should listen to you and be understanding, rather than trying to force you to go. And having this kind of problem isnt stupid at all i promise. Theres lots of people that struggle with this kind of thing. I hope everything works out and that youre doing okay mentally
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Laurenalexa.x)
Absolutely! If youre still deciding though maybe tell your friends that you wouldnt feel comfortable going anymore and see what they say. If they are good friends they should listen to you and be understanding, rather than trying to force you to go. And having this kind of problem isnt stupid at all i promise. Theres lots of people that struggle with this kind of thing. I hope everything works out and that youre doing okay mentally
they seem to be somewhat understanding. Thanks for this! I really appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
87.32%
No (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise