Generally is it their own fault when a guy can’t get a date?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
True or false: guys who can’t get dates all have a serious personality flaw or have poor hygiene habits or something?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
True.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Obviously false. What you have suggested are possible explanations, certainly. They will be true in some cases, of course.

But there are lots of other possible explanations too: they might be physically unattractive (eg ugly/short), have serious health problems/disabilities that affects their ability to find a relationship, have serious confidence or mental health problems, have standards that are too high etc etc.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Your title is true yes, (if you mean can’t get dates rather than can’t get a specific person to date them)

Your actual post, true in some cases-many other reasons.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Looks is the most important thing in terms of whether a man or woman can get dates. So if they can't get any dates at all, the most likely reason is because of their looks. Personality/hygiene are other reasons too.

If someone has no friends either as well as no dates, that would make me think personality was more likely to be the problem. Whereas if someone had friends but couldn't get dates, I'd think it was probably their looks.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People stab other people in the back when it’s most convenient.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Half true
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads