Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Last week someone broke into my house. Luckily I was there to chase them off. However ever since I have not been able to sleep and I sit up all night downstairs with a kn*fe by my side just in case I need to protect my family. We cannot move as we’re not in a position to and a report was not made because I couldn’t not give a single detail or bit of information to the police that would be of use. It’s causing problems with my general well being and ability to work. How can I get over this?
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So you come to TSR about this and not the authorities?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
So you come to TSR about this and not the authorities?
As said above I literally have nothing of use for them no cctv, no glimpse of what he looked like or sounded like or even height. It would be a waste of time and resources.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you post about this last week?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Last week someone broke into my house. Luckily I was there to chase them off. However ever since I have not been able to sleep and I sit up all night downstairs with a kn*fe by my side just in case I need to protect my family. We cannot move as we’re not in a position to and a report was not made because I couldn’t not give a single detail or bit of information to the police that would be of use. It’s causing problems with my general well being and ability to work. How can I get over this?
Did they take the keys to the Mercedes?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Did you post about this last week?
No my usual posts are typically fitness related because that’s what I do for a career this is the first post made about anything else.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No my usual posts are typically fitness related because that’s what I do for a career this is the first post made about anything else.

Have you spoken to anyone about this irl? Have you thought of things that might make you feel safer ( e.g. getting CCTV or an extra lock or something)?
Anonymous #1
For those saying attention seeking I’m not. I don’t need advice for the actual break in I need help with putting my mind at ease at night. I feel uneasy like there’s someone constantly watching us now. I feel as if I cannot sleep just in case I don’t wake up for the event it happens again. I wish it was fake but I don’t have anyone else to open up to about these feelings and just needed some guidance on how to deal with these things emotionally. But if you don’t believe me that’s fair enough it was vague yes, however I’m sure if you were in the same position emotionally and had nowhere to turn to you’d want more than just being called an attention seeker.
Anonymous #1
Have you spoken to anyone about this irl? Have you thought of things that might make you feel safer ( e.g. getting CCTV or an extra lock or something)?
I have spoken to one friend who’s only advice was poor jokes and stuff along the lines of “just stab him”. And yes locks were changed and cctv is being considered.
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have spoken to one friend who’s only advice was poor jokes and stuff along the lines of “just stab him”. And yes locks were changed and cctv is being considered.
Well maybe put some security cameras around your house since you're that afraid
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would suggest speaking to a professional or a helpline. There might be charities local to you that help victims of crime.
Anonymous #1
I would suggest speaking to a professional or a helpline. There might be charities local to you that help victims of crime.
Will give that a go thank you for the cooperation I get it seems ridiculous but it is my first time being in this situation so I’m flustered.
rr0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Get laminated glass downstairs (and above a flat roof) a stronger door and cctv.
If you have a back garden then gat a trellis added to the fence to make it higher.
These will hopefully make you feel safer.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rr0)
Get laminated glass downstairs (and above a flat roof) a stronger door and cctv.
If you have a back garden then gat a trellis added to the fence to make it higher.
These will hopefully make you feel safer.
Thank you for these suggestions.
SenMarvel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I totally get what youre going through OP. When you go through a dramatic event like that, i think your mind is always pre-occupied with it and scheduling that another break in is going to happen. Everyone brain does that, its quite difficult to solve but i would say listen to some music and just wait until the thought no longer lingers. Where abouts do you live?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SenMarvel)
I totally get what youre going through OP. When you go through a dramatic event like that, i think your mind is always pre-occupied with it and scheduling that another break in is going to happen. Everyone brain does that, its quite difficult to solve but i would say listen to some music and just wait until the thought no longer lingers. Where abouts do you live?
Won’t give the exact place but I’m in the West Midlands just outside Birmingham in a small town. And it’s all I can think about when the next is going to happen now.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Doesn't matter if you can't give details; you still report it to the police as they can check for evidence, like fingerprints, footprints etc, and look at other people's cctv. Would also give you a crime number number to claim on house insurance and they would have numbers for victim support.

How come you can own a house and not understand things like this?
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Get a GT 710 to deter thieves
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (158)
54.86%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (42)
14.58%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (33)
11.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.03%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.51%

Watched Threads