I feel
Last edited by okihello; 4 weeks ago
Thomasjayt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by okihello)
I feel embarrassed to admit that i am being bullied at Tesco and I have no idea what to do due to the fact that i am relatively new and the other is 10 years in the job... why can't i just be left alone... I do not wish any special treatment whatsoever... I merely wish to be allowed to do my job. I did not disclose my condition to my employer
Hi, There is no need to feel embarrassed to admit this at all. It actually takes a lot of guts to come forward and say something like this so be proud of yourself
I am sorry to hear you are going through that in the workplace - my only advice would be to tell whoever it is to just leave you to do your job and make it clear they understand you are uncomfortable with them. If nothing changes, speak to your seniors about it, they are there to help and support you and may resolve it by something such as alternate shift patterns.

Worst case scenario, if nothing changes or they ignore you then I advise looking elsewhere for work - working with someone like that or in a job that makes you unhappy with also affect other aspects of life like social or school.
You work to live, not live to work.

My messages are open if you need to chat!
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by okihello)
I feel embarrassed to admit that i am being bullied at Tesco and I have no idea what to do due to the fact that i am relatively new and the other is 10 years in the job... why can't i just be left alone... I do not wish any special treatment whatsoever... I merely wish to be allowed to do my job. I did not disclose my condition to my employer
Hi,
Policy on this is a no no on bullying & harassment in work place with tesco.
I'm sorry to hear this from you on it ok.

It don't matter if you just started recently or been there for years there's no place I'm workplace for this from anybody.

Can I ask you if possible what you are classing as bullying ( I'm a team leader & stand in supervisor as required with tesco - been with them for 16 years - PM message me if you want to discuss and I will advise you on what best action to take on it ok. ).
I was on holidays while back and came back and had a new staff member in my department and by gosh they thought they were in charge like as tried to make me do there work as well as own which I tell you it didn't happen when they realise I was in charge of them and soon put them in place.

I agree with points in post #2 made as it take guts to speak up against those sort of people..
Some people take NO for a answer when picking on somebody but you can do something about it like.

From tesco policy okay........
What is Bullying.....
Workplace bullying is defined as repeated inappropriate
behaviour, direct or indirect, whether verbal, physical or
otherwise, conducted by one or more persons against
another or others, at the place of work and/or in the course
of employment, which could reasonably be regarded as
undermining the individual’s right to dignity at work.
An isolated incident of the behaviour described in this
definition may be an affront to Dignity at Work but as a
once off incident is not considered to be bullying.
Bullying at work does not include reasonable and essential
discipline arising from the good management of the
performance of a colleague at work or actions taken which
can be justified as regards the safety, health and welfare
of the colleagues. For example, a colleague whose
performance is continuously signalled at a level below
required targets may feel threatened and insecure in their
work but this in itself does not indicate bullying.
Some examples of bullying include:
 Visible aggression, threats, shouting of abuse or
obscenities
 Making persistent negative attacks, either physical or
verbal on a person
 Constant humiliation or hurtful ridicule, belittling others
and/or influencing other to behave in this way
 Subjecting someone to public or private humiliation
and ridicule
 Physical assault
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (115)
86.47%
No (18)
13.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise