how to start dissertation.. please help

Watch this thread
rema ali
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
hi all can any body just guide me how to start dissertation ?/..
i am doing masters and this is my first time studying in the uk. so still not sure how things work..

i have a particular topic in my mind , but not sure how exactly i should start my work..
plus how often and what kind of help can you ask from your supervisor. i am in my Masters so dnt want to give impression that i need spoon feeding, however, this is my first experience in uk and that too with dissertation.( my bachelor didnt required this sort ) ..
are there any guidelines , even general that i may look into that can give me a kick start for my work. thanks
Minty001
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
You can start by searching online about the structure of a dissertation
You must also have an investigative title to enable you write content about a particular problem and present your findings.
You need also to know the type of dissertation you will be doing, qualitative or quantitative.
Then, divide your work into chapters based on the structure of dissertation you are using.
I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (86)
67.72%
No (29)
22.83%
I didn't use it to prepare (12)
9.45%

Watched Threads