Clarification re: TSRs new rules requested on this thread.

Watch
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
TSR will not allow content that attacks, denigrates, intimidates, dehumanises, incites or threatens hatred, violence, prejudicial or discriminatory action against individuals or groups because of their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, gender, religious affiliation, or disability status.
For the benefit of all users I would grateful if a mod could clarify what threatening hatred means? And as well please don’t place this thread into purgatory.
Why doesn’t TSR apparently protect users from abuse directed at them on the basis of sex (ie. being biologically female or male)? What would TSR do for example if a user made dehumanising comments about menstruation?

Where does the line between criticism and something that contravenes TSR’s rules lie?
Certain castes with in the caste system deserve criticism (people who don’t believe in a free and fair society might attempt to deny this) and violent religion such as fundamental Christianity also do. Protecting these groups from critique could easily be interpreted as pandering to or even supporting them.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
For the benefit of all users I would grateful if a mod could clarify what threatening hatred means? And as well please don’t place this thread into purgatory.
Why doesn’t TSR apparently protect users from abuse directed at them on the basis of sex (ie. being biologically female or male)? What would TSR do for example if a user made dehumanising comments about menstruation?

Where does the line between criticism and something that contravenes TSR’s rules lie?
Certain castes with in the caste system deserve criticism (people who don’t believe in a free and fair society might attempt to deny this) and violent religion such as fundamental Christianity also do. Protecting these groups from critique could easily be interpreted as pandering to or even supporting them.
thank you for abusing my religion.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
inb4 deleted
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Inb4 bin
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
thank you for abusing my religion.
Are you a fundamental Christian?
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
LOL someone has actually reported this thread
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you a fundamental Christian?
my religion is a private affair.
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Marking my territory before it’s removed
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
my religion is a private affair.
It's public enough for you to let me know that I've 'abused' it.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's public enough for you to let me know that I've 'abused' it.
a feisty one you are
brjf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well it seems like nothing has happened to this thread yet.
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
(Original post by brjf)
Don't hold your breath...
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
a feisty one you are
Name:  darth.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  42.6 KB
brjf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Where did you get those rules from as well? It’s very blurry and anything that is perceived as an attack could be treated as one
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
(Original post by brjf)
Where did you get those rules from as well? It’s very blurry and anything that is perceived as an attack could be treated as one
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq...lines_detailed
I am hoping that my interpretation is wrong and that TSR isn’t pandering to unpleasant ideologies. The mods are more than welcome at any point to come by and to correct my missinterpretation.
Last edited by Cancelled Alice; 3 weeks ago
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
?
Boys we are now on two reports!
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq...lines_detailed
I am hoping that my interpretation is wrong and that TSR isn’t pandering to unpleasant ideologies. The mods are more than welcome at any point to come by and to correct my incorrect miss interpretation.
Considering how often my posts are removed for representing "unfavourable" ideologies, I suspect your conclusion is incorrect.

I say more freedom should be given and the only time views should be censored is if it's a safeguarding issue regarding a minor.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by brjf)
Monday morning meetings.
brjf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Monday morning meetings.
Ah I see
brjf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If anyone wants to take a look, I’m posting some of my photos on post a photo you’ve taken
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (152)
55.07%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.42%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.71%

Watched Threads