The Student Room Group

Advice on the contraception implant

I’ve had the implant for 1 and a half years and up until about a month ago it’s been the best thing I’ve ever done, I didn’t have any bleeding whilst on it and it worked for me so well. However this past month I’ve had light bleeds on and off, but mostly on. I’m thinking about having it out but none of the other methods appeal to me definitely not wanting the injection due to the weight gain, pills in the past I haven’t got on having bad moods and weight gain and just generally unsure about the coil, if anyone has any experiences they can share?
I’m just really upset with the implant as I loved it, I could cope with bleeding once a month but when it’s so frequent it’s draining and frustrating on us
Has anyone had any experiences with the implant like this and what did you do since then?
I'd speak to your GP or your sexual health doctor and see what they think and discuss the other options?
They may also be well placed to advise on if the spotting should clear up or continue until the implant is removed.

Quick Reply

Latest