Revathi star
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello all, I'm finding it super hard to decide which uni I'd like to apply for . I've decided my two bmat unis would be Oxford and Imperial. But for the ucat ones, it's hard because I got 635 AVG and a band 3 I can still apply to few unis but, my qualifications are CBSEs instead of GCSEs ( Indians one though I'm a home student) looking at the KCL guide to translate them into GCSES they're 10 9s 1 8 , additionally to meet minimum requirements for many unis I've also given a maths and an English GCSE which I got 9 and 6 respectively.
I tried emailing unis but they never email me back and as the deadline approaching especially the 1st of October ( the school deadline) I'm so confused. As I'm not sure which uni would accept and which ones wouldn't my CBSEs.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pre-med is an American term for undergraduates who want to pursue medicine which is a postgraduate qualification in the US. I'm assuming you're an undergrad? Do you have A-levels/IB? You have to double check with universities if CBSE's are accepted which could be found on their websites/email. You could apply to less UCAT heavy universities like HYMS, Cardiff, Liverpool, QUB etc.
Revathi star
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Sorry never realized it was American , but what I meant was me who's currently in year 13 doing A levels
hungrysalamander
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Revathi star)
Sorry never realized it was American , but what I meant was me who's currently in year 13 doing A levels
What are your A-level subjects and predictions?
Revathi star
Rep:
?
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
What are your A-level subjects and predictions?
A*AA . A* in maths, two As in chem and bio
hungrysalamander
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Revathi star)
A*AA . A* in maths, two As in chem and bio
You could also consider Plymouth with A*AA although they might drop their requirements down to AAA and increase their UCAT cutoff.
Revathi star
Rep:
?
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
You could also consider Plymouth with A*AA although they might drop their requirements down to AAA and increase their UCAT cutoff.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (17)
56.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (4)
13.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.33%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
6.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads