sjjjjj19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know whether a graduate studying medicine as a second degree in Scotland (usually lives in the England) gets a maintenance loan?
Last edited by sjjjjj19; 3 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sjjjjj19)
Does anyone know whether a graduate studying medicine as a second degree in Scotland (usually lives in the England) gets a maintenance loan?
Hi there, you can receive some Maintenance Loan if eligible.

Our guidance states:

Tuition Fees

Year 1 – The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 – The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 – The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Isaac
sjjjjj19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, you can receive some Maintenance Loan if eligible.

Our guidance states:

Tuition Fees

Year 1 – The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 – The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 – The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,

I'm applying for undergraduate medicine as a graduate, how does this change things? I know I won't get the tuition fees, but can I still get the maintenance loan?

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sjjjjj19)
Hi Isaac,

I'm applying for undergraduate medicine as a graduate, how does this change things? I know I won't get the tuition fees, but can I still get the maintenance loan?

Thanks
My above advice was for graduate entry medicine.

For undergraduate medicine you can receive a Maintenance Loan only.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads