Watch
This discussion is closed.
Pink Unicorn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 51 years ago
Hiya all

I’ve been away for a week so apologies for the delay on this. A PM was sent out regarding the update of the community guidelines and rules, however if you did not receive this, apologies. I am looking into this.

Please be mindful that these guidelines will be updated from time to time to evolve alongside new behaviours and risks.

As you are aware the community guidelines and rules have been updated and there are some new additions to them which I will explain below.

Our commitment to Safeguarding
TSR works regularly with the relevant authorities to report behaviour online that is a safeguarding concern or risk. By stating this in the guidelines, it is clear to everyone that we take the safety of children and young people seriously., Please be assured when behaviour like this is reported by the community that it is reported to the relevant legal authorities by staff. We aren’t able to discuss outcomes or specific reports with users.

Misinformation
This rule will be used to moderate the site accordingly. If we find that users are linking material or posting content that causes harm or panic amongst the community this will be removed. We will also look at reputable sources on a case-by-case basis. If you see content that could be misinformation, please report it and we will look into the report.

Duplicate accounts
Previously users who were banned were able to and enquire about their bans in ATCS, this has now changed. If an account has been banned, we ask users not to create new ones to talk about their bans in ATCS. These accounts will be banned and they will be informed to email us in the new card wording. If you would like to discuss your ban, please email [email protected]

Offsite group chats
Details of any off-site groups, which includes and does not limit to such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Discord should not be shared on TSR. TSR cannot be held accountable for what goes on outside of the site so for the safety of yourself and others please do not share these groups on TSR.

Suicide and self-harm
To keep the community safe, we will remove content that is harmful. This is to protect both the OP and other users. We will signpost users to relevant services in order for them to receive support and we do this with guidance from organisations such as Samaritans and Papyrus.

Child Protection
At TSR we are committed to ensuring the safety of children that are on our site. Users must meet the minimum age requirement of thirteen to use TSR - this has always been the case however it is important we state the age requirement to use TSR in our guidelines. If underage users are identified, we will ban those accounts
immediately.

Suspected grooming, sexual abuse and threats to the safety of a child on our site will be fully investigated. If you or users that you are aware of that are being subjected to online grooming, please report this behaviour and we will fully investigate concerns and report to relevant legal authorities if necessary.

I am aware of historic content/features that may break the new guidelines and rules and that I am currently addressing these, however if there is anything that you see that requires my attention, please feel free to tag me or post in AtCS.

If you do have any specific questions regarding the community guidelines and rules update, please come and have a chat with me here.

Thanks!
PU
Last edited by Pink Unicorn; 3 weeks ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pink Unicorn)
Hiya all

I’ve been away for a week so apologies for the delay on this. A PM was sent out regarding the update of the community guidelines and rules, however if you did not receive this, apologies. I am looking into this.

Please be mindful that these guidelines will be updated from time to time to evolve alongside new behaviours and risks.

As you are aware the community guidelines and rules have been updated and there are some new additions to them which I will explain below.

Our commitment to Safeguarding
TSR works regularly with the relevant authorities to report behaviour online that is a safeguarding concern or risk. By stating this in the guidelines, it is clear to everyone that we take the safety of children and young people seriously., Please be assured when behaviour like this is reported by the community that it is reported to the relevant legal authorities by staff. We aren’t able to discuss outcomes or specific reports with users.

Misinformation
This rule will be used to moderate the site accordingly. If we find that users are linking material or posting content that causes harm or panic amongst the community this will be removed. We will also look at reputable sources on a case-by-case basis. If see content that could be misinformation, please report it and we will look into the report.

Duplicate accounts
Previously users who were banned were able to and enquire about their bans in ATCS, this has now changed. If an account has been banned, we ask users not to create new ones to talk about their bans in ATCS. These accounts will be banned and they will be informed to email us in the new card wording. If you would like to discuss your ban, please email [email protected]

Offsite group chats
Details of any off-site groups, which includes and does not limit to such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Discord should not be shared on TSR. TSR cannot be held accountable for what goes on outside of the site so for the safety of yourself and others please do not share these groups on TSR.

Suicide and self-harm
To keep the community safe, we will remove content that is harmful. This is to protect both the OP and other users. We will signpost users to relevant services in order for them to receive support and we do this with guidance from organisations such as Samaritans and Papyrus.

Child Protection
At TSR we are committed to ensuring the safety of children that are on our site. Users must meet the minimum age requirement of thirteen to use TSR - this has always been the case however it is important we state the age requirement to use TSR in our guidelines. If underage users are identified, we will ban those accounts
immediately.

Suspected grooming, sexual abuse and threats to the safety of a child on our site will be fully investigated. If you or users that you are aware of that are being subjected to online grooming, please report this behaviour and we will fully investigate concerns and report to relevant legal authorities if necessary.

I am aware of historic content/features that may break the new guidelines and rules and that I am currently addressing these, however if there is anything that you see that requires my attention, please feel free to tag me or post in AtCS.

If you do have any specific questions regarding the community guidelines and rules update, please come and have a chat with me here.

Thanks!
PU
Thanks for the update, PU. You've directed people to ACT if they have questions about this, but you've also left the thread open, which is going to invite people into posting ad hoc questions, complaints, requests for clarification etc. If this is your intention, then that's fine - but I think this risks ending up with a binfire of a thread with a load of irate people posting questions and comments. If the CT don't intend to answer these on this thread, then I suggest you close it now and leave it more as a 'notification thread' - better that than cause a load of ill-feeling by inadvertently making people feel that they aren't being listened to or having their questions answered (the direction to take it to ACT notwithstanding).
Pink Unicorn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Thanks for the update, PU. You've directed people to ACT if they have questions about this, but you've also left the thread open, which is going to invite people into posting ad hoc questions, complaints, requests for clarification etc. If this is your intention, then that's fine - but I think this risks ending up with a binfire of a thread with a load of irate people posting questions and comments. If the CT don't intend to answer these on this thread, then I suggest you close it now and leave it more as a 'notification thread' - better that than cause a load of ill-feeling by inadvertently making people feel that they aren't being listened to or having their questions answered (the direction to take it to ACT notwithstanding).
Heya!

Sure

I think would be good to have it closed and for any questions to be directed here

Thanks!

PU
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise