The Student Room Group

Change of circumstances Help? Complicated situation

Hi,
Long post so please bear with me as I need help!

I'm hoping someone can help.
I had secured my place on an undergraduate foundation degree and applied for my student finance and had it confirmed and all in place by August 2021. Fast forward to 4 days before the course is due to start in September and I get told the course is being withdrawn due to low numbers.

I secured a place at another college to do the same course and updated the change of circumstances online on 20/09/2021 and telephoned student finance the next day also just to double check it had gone through. They said that it had and could see on their screen all the new details however on my online account it still said my old course venue and that payments were still to be made to them.

My new college said nothing from student finance has come through for me on their portal and I have contacted the old venue to just make sure they didn't still have me on their systems and they said as I have not enrolled or attended with them no finance for me would be released to them.
Now as I only secured my place for the new course on 20/09/21 and my daughter has had the dreaded Covid I am not starting my first day with my new college until 29/09/2021! I am enrolled just have not started attending yet.
My question is when will student finance update my account and when will my new college receive any information from them about me? As I am going to be relying on my maintenance loan which was originally due to be paid end of October for my living costs and also my new college will need to know when my tuition fees are going to be paid.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Original post by leannej2412
Hi,
Long post so please bear with me as I need help!

I'm hoping someone can help.
I had secured my place on an undergraduate foundation degree and applied for my student finance and had it confirmed and all in place by August 2021. Fast forward to 4 days before the course is due to start in September and I get told the course is being withdrawn due to low numbers.

I secured a place at another college to do the same course and updated the change of circumstances online on 20/09/2021 and telephoned student finance the next day also just to double check it had gone through. They said that it had and could see on their screen all the new details however on my online account it still said my old course venue and that payments were still to be made to them.

My new college said nothing from student finance has come through for me on their portal and I have contacted the old venue to just make sure they didn't still have me on their systems and they said as I have not enrolled or attended with them no finance for me would be released to them.
Now as I only secured my place for the new course on 20/09/21 and my daughter has had the dreaded Covid I am not starting my first day with my new college until 29/09/2021! I am enrolled just have not started attending yet.
My question is when will student finance update my account and when will my new college receive any information from them about me? As I am going to be relying on my maintenance loan which was originally due to be paid end of October for my living costs and also my new college will need to know when my tuition fees are going to be paid.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi there,

Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed after submitting the changes, if you are an SFE applicant then you can show your university your previous entitlement letter and ask them to manually confirm your registration so that your funding is released to you without delays even if the changes have not been assessed yet.

https://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/resources/guidance/student-information-service-user-guide/registration-confirmation/manual-registration/

Thanks, Isaac
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there,

Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed after submitting the changes, if you are an SFE applicant then you can show your university your previous entitlement letter and ask them to manually confirm your registration so that your funding is released to you without delays even if the changes have not been assessed yet.

https://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/resources/guidance/student-information-service-user-guide/registration-confirmation/manual-registration/

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your reply, I have passed that information on to my University and hopefully this will help get things moving.

Thanks, Leanne
Original post by leannej2412
Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your reply, I have passed that information on to my University and hopefully this will help get things moving.

Thanks, Leanne

You're welcome, I hope you have a lovely weekend Leanne.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending