Shad0w1o1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello all,
I did my UCAT recently and was chuffed with the score but I see people getting 3000's and I wonder if my score is enough for interview to Bristol. I got VR 700, DM 690, QR 780 and VR 620 (lol). I am predicted three A's in chem,bio and english and I have all 9's and 8's at GCSE. My other three choices are relatively safe, so Bristol is my aspirational. Do I have a shot? If not, what about Edinburgh? Thanks
l_thomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes of course, you never know if you don't apply. You also never know if people lie so just stay confident in yourself and keep going.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shad0w1o1)
Hello all,
I did my UCAT recently and was chuffed with the score but I see people getting 3000's and I wonder if my score is enough for interview to Bristol. I got VR 700, DM 690, QR 780 and VR 620 (lol). I am predicted three A's in chem,bio and english and I have all 9's and 8's at GCSE. My other three choices are relatively safe, so Bristol is my aspirational. Do I have a shot? If not, what about Edinburgh? Thanks
Cut off for Bristol was 2830 last year, so depends whether you think it is going to be less competitive this year?
Edinburgh required a higher UCAT than Bristol for RUK applicants, as well as perfect academics and a B1 SJT
hapiolen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
as this is a bristol thread i would like to understand the chances of getting into bristol as you guys seem to know a lot

So i am doing a Pearson Level 3 national extended diploma in biomedical science (applied science ), im in yr 12
And im sure i can achieve the grades DDD or D*D*D* and i would like to go to the University ot Bristol however my gcse grades are a bit poor
Maths 5
English 66
Science 66
Sociology 6
Geography 6
Dt 7
Spanish 3

And i am willing to resit ALL these gcse's to achieve higher grades like 7-9 and am willing to put in the work ,

So would it even be possible for me to do a Biochemistry Degree in the University of Bristol ? or should i just forget about it

Also the requirements for the biochem course is DDD
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hapiolen)
as this is a bristol thread i would like to understand the chances of getting into bristol as you guys seem to know a lot

So i am doing a Pearson Level 3 national extended diploma in biomedical science (applied science ), im in yr 12
And im sure i can achieve the grades DDD or D*D*D* and i would like to go to the University ot Bristol however my gcse grades are a bit poor
Maths 5
English 66
Science 66
Sociology 6
Geography 6
Dt 7
Spanish 3

And i am willing to resit ALL these gcse's to achieve higher grades like 7-9 and am willing to put in the work ,

So would it even be possible for me to do a Biochemistry Degree in the University of Bristol ? or should i just forget about it

Also the requirements for the biochem course is DDD
This is a Bristol thread in the Medicine sub-forum, so you may be better in biochem (don't even know if there is such a thing?) A_J_B
Shad0w1o1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Cut off for Bristol was 2830 last year, so depends whether you think it is going to be less competitive this year?
Edinburgh required a higher UCAT than Bristol for RUK applicants, as well as perfect academics and a B1 SJT
Sorry, forgot to mention that I did have a Band 1. Do you predict it'll be less competitive or more competitive this year? cheers
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shad0w1o1)
Sorry, forgot to mention that I did have a Band 1. Do you predict it'll be less competitive or more competitive this year? cheers
I don’t think it will be less, with record numbers projected to sit the UCAT, lots of grade inflation, deferrals from last year taking places, etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads