The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

" Cheaper bus travel to help young people."

🙂 I have recently seen an article in The Watford Observer page 12 above title, which may be of interest to students.

As from w/c 25th Sept 2021, Hertfordshire County Council have launched a SaverCard Plus for those between 20 and 25 ( there is already a similar one for the 11-19 year olds) giving half price bus travel on all Hertfordshire bus services except for those run into and out of Hertfordshire by TfL themselves (Transport for London). An exception are the likes of route 84 (St. Albans- South Mimmns- Potters Bar -New Barnet Station and return) which is run by Metrolink out of Potters Bar Garage, and although entering TfL land at Hadley Wood, is not directly controlled by TfL. Uno services 614/44 also go into TfL land at Barnet/Edgeware en route to Queensbury and return and but are not controlled by TfL, but run by Uno themselves. Unfortunately TfL fares are no longer valid on these routes.

It costs £20 a year if bought online, or £25 if bought other ways.
Info. on www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/savercard
This may be worthwhile looking at for some of you, although of course it depends on your individual circumstances.

Some of you may be already be aware, but Santander still offer, as far as I know, a free Young Persons Railcard normally £30 odd a year for three-four years on the proviso, of course, that you bank with them (some strings attached needless to say!).

Unfortunately the swish flagship Santander branch that used to be situated in UH Hutton Hub has, in the interest of online efficiency -?! - been closed, the nearest branches if you want over the counter service are now at St. Albans and Welwyn Garden City.

Please also read my recent post "Changes to bus services from Sept. 2021".
As always comments welcome.

When time allows, I will fill you all in with details regarding the later evening local bus services - or to be more blunt, :frown: since the massive cuts in Hertfordshire over the last ten years to later evening bus services, the relative lack of them.
How many remember when the Uno 602 ran up to 01.40 in the morning? Or when you could get a train from King`s Cross at 22.35, connect easily with the former 607 outside Hatfield Station at 23.05, and be back in the de Hav Campus at 23.20- even on Sundays and Bank holidays?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending