Anyway to make back a year at university?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I lost a year in university from having to take a foundation year at a uni due to not getting results as I was taking my exams as an independant, I am now starting my first year and wondering, is there anyway I can make that year back up by something like taking more modules or transfering to a different uni?

As you can imagine, I really do desperately feel the need to make that year back up, what can I do?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I lost a year in university from having to take a foundation year at a uni due to not getting results as I was taking my exams as an independant, I am now starting my first year and wondering, is there anyway I can make that year back up by something like taking more modules or transfering to a different uni?

As you can imagine, I really do desperately feel the need to make that year back up, what can I do?
Just to clarify, are you in your first year at uni now after doing a foundation year?

I don't really understand what you mean when you say 'make that year back up'. You're in first year, just like the rest of your cohort, so there isn't anything to catch up on.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you mean that you 'lost' a year, and why do you feel a need to 'make it up'? Are you just disappointed that you're not going to graduate at the same time as people you went to school with who went directly into first year of a degree? If so try not to compare yourself to them. Everyone goes through life and their education at their own pace and you're not behind in any way, shape, or form from having taken a foundation year.
Last edited by 1582; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Just to clarify, are you in your first year at uni now after doing a foundation year?

I don't really understand what you mean when you say 'make that year back up'. You're in first year, just like the rest of your cohort, so there isn't anything to catch up on.
Yes I am in first year, but I want to get into the world as early as I otherwise would have (I am in first year)
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes I am in first year, but I want to get into the world as early as I otherwise would have (I am in first year)
Unfortunately there is no fast track. You can only do 120 credits worth of modules per year, and a new university would only transfer you into Year 1. One year is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and it allowed you to do what you're doing now. You'll still have the same opportunities as those graduating a year before you - it really doesn't matter.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Having a year more of my life out in the world is important to me, so it does matter for me atleast.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Having a year more of my life out in the world is important to me, so it does matter for me atleast.
Another way of 'going out into the world' earlier would be to change to part-time study alongside working, if that's an option for your course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads