Relationship issues

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So me and my bf have been dating for month. Sep 29 will be one month. He texts me all day calls me and wants to hangout all the time and wants me to sleep over all the time. Yes I sleep over sometimes but it’s like everyday he wants me to and if I don’t he gets really upset. Recently I told him I couldn’t hang because I was with my brother and he goes “ okay well after can u hang” like ugh. I care about him but I work in the morning when he is off and he working in the evening but gets off around 5 so I usually see him around that time. I get he and I work all day but I guess I just like my space. I don’t like hanging out everyday or sleeping over but every time I mention it he gets really upset and I feel bad so I just end up sleeping over. WHAT DO I DO
Djtoodles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don’t think there is good advice in a situation like this because I don’t know your mindset towards the relationship etc. That being said I personally like my own space in a relationship, especially when there is no common time sink interests like gaming etc, so I get where you’re coming from. Opposites attract but they also bore the hell out of each other lol. Its cost me a few relationships but once they end the realisation that I’m happier without it sinks in. I think a straight talk about wanting your own space is due, if he cant stop being so smothering id end it.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tell him not to be quite so clingey?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dump him.

He's too needy and clingy and is starting to get too demanding and too controlling.

Get a boyfriend with a far more balanced view on romantic relationships. Someone that leaves you alone when you're not with him and with whom you have a great time when the 2 of you are together. Someone with more empathy than your current boyfriend. Someone with a generally more mature outlook on life and relationships. Someone who sets up win wins. Instead of setting up win lose situations, such as you going over when he snaps his fingers and you didn't particularly want.

The thing with guys like your current boyfriend is that they tend to be very intense during the initial stages of the romance. And then over time the intensity drops off and they then tend to take your good points for granted whilst focusing on your "bad" features (from their point of view) which they try to control. With him displaying greater and greater selfish behaviour.

Get out now! Before too much damage to you is done.
HeavLeighGill
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Consider your feelings towards him and how much you like him. You sound frustrated, so I’d guess that he’s pushing you away by being too clingy. Sometimes the best thing to do is to sit down and explain how you feel and that you are happy but want space and time for yourself and hopefully he will see that he needs to give you that for the relationship to work. On one hand, it may be that he just really likes you and wants you around all the time for that reason. On the other, it may be a bad sign because he could be controlling. If you were to stay with him, he might not allow you to have time for friends or family or will want you to be with him 24/7. If you do see any other red flags, you might want to consider leaving the relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (17)
56.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (4)
13.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.33%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
6.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads